Kennesaw State

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We'll win this one up 15-7 bottom of the 7th.

Good WREK discussion about the draft this year ...... we know we're losing Bart (great player has to go!). The only other one who would really hurt to leave is English. I think English leaving would be the difference next year between hosting or not hosting a regional.

Of all our current players, I think Bart and English are the most likely to get to the MLB out of the minors. English is so important to the team – he’s a three way player. He’s our best first baseman, legitimate DH and probably the second best pitcher we have right now. I’d only put Thomas up with him currently pitching. As we have seen, we can never have too many quality pitchers. Look at our woeful relievers right now.

Whether English goes will probably depend on where he is drafted? He’ll get three shots at the draft. This year and the next two. So if he passes this year, he still has his “rJr” year to get a good offer. Not taking a good offer as a “Jr” is crazy since the draft “low balls” Srs since they have no choice but sign with the drafting team or sitting out.

I wish English the best regardless. Hope he is here next year but if he isn't, good for him.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We'll win this one up 15-7 bottom of the 7th.

Good WREK discussion about the draft this year ...... we know we're losing Bart (great player has to go!). The only other one who would really hurt to leave is English. I think English leaving would be the difference next year between hosting or not hosting a regional.

Of all our current players, I think Bart and English are the most likely to get to the MLB out of the minors. English is so important to the team – he’s a three way player. He’s our best first baseman, legitimate DH and probably the second best pitcher we have right now. I’d only put Thomas up with him currently pitching. As we have seen, we can never have too many quality pitchers. Look at our woeful relievers right now.

Whether English goes will probably depend on where he is drafted? He’ll get three shots at the draft. This year and the next two. So if he passes this year, he still has his “rJr” year to get a good offer. Not taking a good offer as a “Jr” is crazy since the draft “low balls” Srs since they have no choice but sign with the drafting team or sitting out.

I wish English the best regardless. Hope he is here next year but if he isn't, good for him.
My advice to English would be that if he doesn't get selected in the first 5 rounds, come back to school. Like you said, he still has that rs Jr. year to impress scouts and still earn a lot of money. I also think that it would benefit him to pitch a full year without a pitch count. The added bonus, if he is on track, is earning his degree from Tech.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My advice to English would be that if he doesn't get selected in the first 5 rounds, come back to school. Like you said, he still has that rs Jr. year to impress scouts and still earn a lot of money. I also think that it would benefit him to pitch a full year without a pitch count. The added bonus, if he is on track, is earning his degree from Tech.
You are much more confident than I that English would be used correctly next year by this coaching staff.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Good game by the guys tonight in a 17-7 win. The pen has been very good lately. We need to see more of Winborne and Combs this year. Gibson can go to the end of the bench and just sit there.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
He's been correctly used this year.
Obviously only my opinion, but I think he should be able to go past 90 pitches at this stage of the season. I’d trust English after 90 pitches more than anybody in our bullpen except a fresh Archer.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Yup, what did Pitt score - 3, 4, 6? 13 runs in 32 innings. That’s something like a 3.7 run per game average. That’s almost all on our offense there.
That lousy series was a true team effort. Pitt had averaged around 2.5 runs per game. We gave up more than that. In baseball, you have to be able to win close games....that’s really the only difference between good and bad teams. We don’t win close games.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
That lousy series was a true team effort. Pitt had averaged around 2.5 runs per game. We gave up more than that. In baseball, you have to be able to win close games....that’s really the only difference between good and bad teams. We don’t win close games.
I should add that we have much more talent than Pitt, top level ACC talent in players like Bart and English, and simply have no business losing 3 of 4 last week. Period.