Kennesaw State

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Kennesaw State (21-15) – Wed night at Russ Chandler.
Absolutely cannot drop anymore games we “should” win. This is one of those.

RPI Rankings (Strength of Schedule):
#48 Ga Tech (18)
#71 Kennesaw St (56)

KSU stuff:
Road Record: 5-6
Mid-week Record: 2-6 (have won 2 out of 3 after dropping 1st 5 mid-week games)
Current Winning Streak: 5-0

Records v Common opponents:
UConn (1-0)
Minn (0-2)
Bradley (0-1)
UGA (0-2)
Mercer (0-2)
Ga State (1-0)
Ga Southern (1-0)

Scanning their team stats… KSU’s numbers are very similar to Ga Tech’s. Ga Tech’s (generally) are slightly better & against a tougher schedule. Nothing jumps out at me as significant one way or the other. Just need to take care of business.

Deleted member 2897

Kennesaw State (21-15) – Wed night at Russ Chandler.
Absolutely cannot drop anymore games we “should” win. This is one of those.

RPI Rankings (Strength of Schedule):
#48 Ga Tech (18)
#71 Kennesaw St (56)

KSU stuff:
Road Record: 5-6
Mid-week Record: 2-6 (have won 2 out of 3 after dropping 1st 5 mid-week games)
Current Winning Streak: 5-0

Records v Common opponents:
UConn (1-0)
Minn (0-2)
Bradley (0-1)
UGA (0-2)
Mercer (0-2)
Ga State (1-0)
Ga Southern (1-0)

Scanning their team stats… KSU’s numbers are very similar to Ga Tech’s. Ga Tech’s (generally) are slightly better & against a tougher schedule. Nothing jumps out at me as significant one way or the other. Just need to take care of business.

I would not be opposed to an early 4-0 lead and then we continue to roll to a comfortable 8-2 win. After 3 straight last inning decisions, I'm ready for a more comfortable game. (PLEASE!)

65Jacket

GT Athlete
We lost 3 games that we should have won between the Clemson and NC State games,and now we squandered 3 more away between GSU and Pitt. That would change our record to 26-9, 13-3. A great record has slipped through our fingers.

Deleted member 2897

Pull out the voo doo doll @FredJacket & turn this train around!

giphy.gif

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm sure most of you know about it, but Warren Nolan has a great site for live-updated RPI. The team page also has a tab called 'impact games', where it projects how a win/loss on today's games will affect your RPI.

We're currently at 45 in the RPI; a win today would put us at 41st, and a loss would have us tied for 54th. Needless to say, you have to take care of business against lesser teams- especially at home. And we have a lot of those games coming up.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure most of you know about it, but Warren Nolan has a great site for live-updated RPI. The team page also has a tab called 'impact games', where it projects how a win/loss on today's games will affect your RPI.

We're currently at 45 in the RPI; a win today would put us at 41st, and a loss would have us tied for 54th. Needless to say, you have to take care of business against lesser teams- especially at home. And we have a lot of those games coming up.
Our non-conference games should all be treated as "play-in" games for making the NCAA tournament. Have to take them seriously! ...of course, UGA (non-conference) should be taken seriously without being reminded why!!!

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Serratos is in CF tonight and Waddell is at 3rd base. I really like the lineup tonight.
Honestly would’ve preferred Serratos in RF over Hall as our defense may really hurt in the OF tonight. Neither Wilhite or Hall are hitting well, so I would’ve stuck with the better defender.

Hopefully Hall will prove me wrong and break out of this slump!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Honestly would’ve preferred Serratos in RF over Hall as our defense may really hurt in the OF tonight. Neither Wilhite or Hall are hitting well, so I would’ve stuck with the better defender.

Hopefully Hall will prove me wrong and break out of this slump!

I agree 100%.

Listening to the pre-game with "our" pitching coach Howell, I was totally underwhelmed. He failed to say anything about how our pitching staff failed to hold leads against Pitt (who had only averaged 2.3 runs a game in their last 10 games before us). He did say that the games were close which all fans should have liked. I didn't, it sucked. We should have shut down Pitt and Howell should say so and demonstrate he isn't happy with their performance. But maybe he is.

KS up 3-2 on a 3 run HR. Hurter gave up two fortunate in-filed singles. Then a HR which was totally on him. I wish we'd seen Hurter in relief this last weekend. But he was saved for the mighty KS warriors.

Now McCann hits a grand slam monster. Nice RISP. Up 6-3 still B2. Wow, McCann is tough.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree 100%.

Listening to the pre-game with "our" pitching coach Howell, I was totally underwhelmed. He failed to say anything about how our pitching staff failed to hold leads against Pitt (who had only averaged 2.3 runs a game in their last 10 games before us). He did say that the games were close which all fans should have liked. I didn't, it sucked. We should have shut down Pitt and Howell should say so and demonstrate he isn't happy with their performance. But maybe he is.

KS up 3-2 on a 3 run HR. Hurter gave up two fortunate in-filed singles. Then a HR which was totally on him. I wish we'd seen Hurter in relief this last weekend. But he was saved for the mighty KS warriors.

Now McCann hits a grand slam monster. Nice RISP. Up 3-6 still B2. Wow, McCann is tough.
The pitching staff wasn't the main problem at Pitt IMO. Our offense was.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The pitching staff wasn't the main problem at Pitt IMO. Our offense was.

Agree our starting pitching was not the problem overall. It was more relieving pitching. And yes better offense or better defense would have won the games too since they were so close.

But Howell should not be happy with what his relievers did and should say so. Going 1-3 in the last 4 games, including a loss to the powerhouse Georgia state should have everyone on the staff pissed off. Not pissing on us (metaphorically) and saying it rained.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Agree our starting pitching was not the problem overall. It was more relieving pitching. And yes better offense or better defense would have won the games too since they were so close.

But Howell should not be happy with what his relievers did and should say so. Going 1-3 in the last 4 games, including a loss to the powerhouse Georgia state should have everyone on the staff pissed off. Not pissing on us (metaphorically) and saying it rained.
Agree.