Kennesaw State @ GT

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'm not worried that the wheels have come off. They are off. Getting swept by a bottom dweller in the ACC (scoring 1 run on a team that gives up an average of 16.5 in 3 games) and losing to K State is the definition of no wheels.

The only question is whether the wheels can be put back on again.

Life is too short for bad wine. And the college baseball season is too short for this type of slump.

I have to agree. These recent results have severely damaged...our whole season. Chances for the ACC Tournament are now in doubt, chances for the NCAA are on life support despite our lofty RPI. Probability of success in either case seems very low the way we have been playing. But MOST of all, the way we have been playing has simply been bad, BAD baseball. Seven runs on 1 hit? Seriously? I don't want to go on and on negatively, but this is the first time in recent memory I am losing interest (fast) in seeing any more GT games.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Life is too short for bad wine. And the college baseball season is too short for this type of slump.

We're talking about 4 games. Assuming we don't have anymore rainouts we're going to play 54 games this year. So 4 games is 7.5% of the season. That's it. That's meaningless in the grand scheme of things as long as it doesn't last. I'm not going to stress out over such a small part of the season when to this point it's been an aberration.

If it stretches into 2 or 3 weeks then yea consider me worried. Not before then.

I have to agree. These recent results have severely damaged...our whole season. Chances for the ACC Tournament are now in doubt, chances for the NCAA are on life support despite our lofty RPI. Probability of success in either case seems very low the way we have been playing. But MOST of all, the way we have been playing has simply been bad, BAD baseball. Seven runs on 1 hit? Seriously? I don't want to go on and on negatively, but this is the first time in recent memory I am losing interest (fast) in seeing any more GT games.

Dude. Reeelaaaaax. These FOUR GAMES haven't severely damaged the whole season. To get in the ACC tournament 4 of the 6 teams we're basically tied with are going to get in and we have tie-breakers over two of them. Two of them are losing as I type this and another one is guaranteed to lose (UVA vs. NCST) It's not a guarantee but to say it's in doubt is stretching it. As for the NCAA tournament you have no idea what you're talking about. We are #25 in RPI with the #9 hardest schedule in the country and we play in one of the best baseball conferences. If the season ended today we'd be a slam dunk selection. We're in every regional projection.

And I disagree with your last sentence. We looked much worse for longer periods of time in 2012 and 2013. Especially on defense where we were atrocious for a while.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Again guys I emphasize that we're talking about 4 games. This time last week we were 7-3 in our last 10 (7-2 in our last 9 if you don't want to count the last game of the Louisville series). All of a sudden 4 games later everything's fallen apart, the wheels have fallen off, the team's lost, we're the worst team GT has had in years, and we're not going to make any kind of post-season tournament? Pump the brakes a bit.

Like I said before, can we wait a little longer than a week before pushing the panic button? Let's see what happens over the next couple of games. The first 36 games we've played this year count just as much as the last 4 so believe it or not we've got some breathing room to work with.