Kaaya getting ready for GT?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hale: Every year there’s talk of “When will Miami be back?” and the questions seem louder than ever now. Is that something you guys keep in mind?

Kaaya: For us, we all know exactly what we have to do and have our goals in mind. We all want to win the Coastal and compete for a championship. And we can’t be focused on what the outside world is saying, but a lot of these guys really have a chip on their shoulder. I don’t know if there’s been another time when Miami’s really had that chip on its shoulder. Other teams were always gunning for us, waiting for us at 8 p.m. on Saturdays, scheduling us for their blackout or whiteout games. For us, I feel like it’s the time for us to be gunning for those teams.

Jonathan Dees

Georgia Tech Fan
We got in a funk as a team and a fan base after we beat them several years in a row. A lot of people acted like we "owned" Miami and walked around beating their chest. I think it is naive to think that that kind of attitude doesn't trickle down to the team(we don't live in a world anymore where athletes are sheltered from the outside world). We have to be ready for Miami every year and should never take them lightly.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I got two words for Kaaya...bye Felicia! That team is going to take a big step back losing Duke. He opened up every other facet of their offense just by being on the field.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
It is never a good idea (to me, at least) to assume that Miami will be anything other than a 12-round brawl.

They mopped up the field with us more recently than I would like to admit and they weren't the Miami of olde when they did it.

I don't think we are at the point where we can just assume away 9 of the 12 teams on our schedule.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think the mind set that Kaaya reveals in his quote is a healthy one for them. It is a good quote. They should be gunning for us and other teams on their schedule. I have no problem with it. Without a doubt, UM has been one of those teams that we, as a fan base, circle on our collective calendars most years, and for good reason. Miami needs a different, hungrier (if that is a word) attitude.