Justin?

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
It's not an agenda watch the back foot throws, the scrambling 15 yards behind line hoping his athleticism pulls it out l. No agenda just seriously bad decision making.
He's running backwards because defenders are all over him. Some of you aren't watching what I'm watching. In passing situations our OL is still down like they're run blocking and I don't get it, it's way too old school. Put the guys in good situations. We are in a three point stance and it isn't even play action... That just makes no sense to me. Poor coaching on the OL is killing us. It didn't help that our defense couldn't get off the field today (idk what the TOP was) but it felt like we couldn't get off the field. The turnovers are killer, and the OL can't pass block. If we don't turn it over today and the OL plays better (or gets coached better) we probably win by 10. Disappointing.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Wait. Let me get this straight. Thomas is supposed to be a leader and that's supposed to make the other guys play well? Do I have this right? Because if I do, that's effing absurd.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
He is surrounded by youth and inexperience! No one sees the mistakes that occur on each play except the players and the coaches.

A lot of mistakes!
Not Justin's fault!

9 games into the season...inexperience excuse no longer valid. It is what it is...and it is we are not a very good football team this year.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Three things I've notice about JeT, 1, when he has time and sets his feet he throw a damn good ball. Very accurate, with zip, a very catchable ball. 2, when rushed he most always seems to throw off his back foot. 3, there is no doubt he's beat up more this year than last. Part of this falls to the O line and protection (or lack thereof) and the lack of game time from the backs and WRs. He's taken so much on his shoulders to try and pull off the miracle and the accumulation of ALL of this is where he is now. Give him an O line that's working, backs who understand pitch relation and the like and WRs in synch with him you'll see what we all saw last year and an offense that works.

Milwaukee

Banned
He is surrounded by youth and inexperience! No one sees the mistakes that occur on each play except the players and the coaches.

A lot of mistakes!
Not Justin's fault!

The overthrow to Stewart. Not his fault? That's an example of the plays that he's not making. Because we are so bad, he HAS to connect on those and he just hasn't this year.

I love JT, but he's played just as bad this year as the pitiful OL has played. He's missing reads constantly on the dive and the pitch, he's airmailing or short-hopping receivers when they rarely can get open. That's in the slim chance he has a prayer to even get a throw off, and I'm sure that's contributing to his back foot throwing crap. But he's a Junior quarterback for the Georgia Institute of Technology, he needs to capitalize more when those rare opportunities do present themselves.

I don't understand why people get so defensive and bent out of shape when someone discusses JT's play in a negative light. If people are dumb enough to think that JT is the primary reason we are bad this year then yea, you guys should rally to the keyboards in defense. But to act like it's "Oh poor Justin, it's not his fault at all...if only the line could hold up..." is just gold tinted diarrhea thinking.

If you don't see the missed throws and the missed reads then I got nothing. And if you assume that anyone who states that JT needs to play better is not 100% aware of the fact that the line in front of him is not helping then I got nothing as well.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
The overthrow to Stewart. Not his fault? That's an example of the plays that he's not making. Because we are so bad, he HAS to connect on those and he just hasn't this year.

I love JT, but he's played just as bad this year as the pitiful OL has played. He's missing reads constantly on the dive and the pitch, he's airmailing or short-hopping receivers when they rarely can get open. That's in the slim chance he has a prayer to even get a throw off, and I'm sure that's contributing to his back foot throwing crap. But he's a Junior quarterback for the Georgia Institute of Technology, he needs to capitalize more when those rare opportunities do present themselves.

I don't understand why people get so defensive and bent out of shape when someone discusses JT's play in a negative light. If people are dumb enough to think that JT is the primary reason we are bad this year then yea, you guys should rally to the keyboards in defense. But to act like it's "Oh poor Justin, it's not his fault at all...if only the line could hold up..." is just gold tinted diarrhea thinking.

If you don't see the missed throws and the missed reads then I got nothing. And if you assume that anyone who states that JT needs to play better is not 100% aware of the fact that the line in front of him is not helping then I got nothing as well.
You're asking him to bat 1.000. No one can live up to that.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow

I don't think Justin is perfect and he doesn't make mistakes. He does! The truth is we are very young. There is a huge difference between an 18 year old and an 21 year old man. You can say what you want, but unless you have experienced it, you don't know! Next year we wiwill be a year older. We will be better.
It's of you are probably smarter than me, but I do understand how this game works at this level! GT is a special place.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Justin and PJ could murder some of y'all's family members and you would defend them. Nobody on here is saying that Justin isn't a special player or that he is the reason that we are playing so bad. They are just acknowledging what anyone without gold colored glasses on can see. He's not playing well.

It's his 4th year in the system and he still carries the ball too loosely. Many of you defending Justin were the same one's saying Marshall shouldn't have been playing early because he puts the ball on the ground too much, yet turn a blind eye to JT when he puts it on the ground. He will not have an easier throw than the one he missed to Stewart. No pressure, wide open and he missed it. That's not the first time he's done that this year either. He has a great arm and is accurate when he can set his feet and put a little something on the pass. He really struggles putting touch on his passes. This is why he was so great at those back shoulder throws to Smelter last year and those corner route. He routinely misses the skinny posts over the middle when he needs to put some air under the ball. I, along with everyone else fully understand that the line has been terrible and the inexperience are the biggest reasons for the O struggling, but that does not excuse some of the things JT is doing/has done.

I would also bet that some of you making excuses for every mistake JT has made this year are the same people that ran Vad off and called him scared when the awful line in 2013 couldn't protect him.

Justin is a great athlete and a dynamic player when things are going right. He has some things to work on as well. Hopefully the week off will allow him and the rest of the team to heal up both physically and mentally and finish the year strong. We are not very good, but neither are the teams we play the rest of the year. It is very possible for us to finish 3-0 and keep our bowl streak alive, but we will have to play a lot better. Mainly our oline and "run D"

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
People please stop about the throw to stewart, yes, it was an easy throw to make with no pressure, but I'm pretty sure even the "elite" pro qb's have missed throws like that. It happens, it's called football. Our whole team is not playing good football right now.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
That throw he made to Lynch right before he got demolished was ridiculous.

He's still the best QB CPJ has had, and still one of the best we've seen on the field at GT in a long time. How can some of you guys just totally forget about last year when he had a different situation around him? Give the guy just a little bit of room to operate and he's a great player ... pretty much like every other good QB in the world.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
People please stop about the throw to stewart, yes, it was an easy throw to make with no pressure, but I'm pretty sure even the "elite" pro qb's have missed throws like that. It happens, it's called football. Our whole team is not playing good football right now.

It's not the first time he's missed that throw. Another one that immediately sticks out in my head is the one to Qua against ND. Same throw. I'm not saying he isn't a great player. That throw over the middle of the field he struggles with. He is not good at putting it out there and letting his guy go get it. He is really good on balls he can throw a little more firm and sideline routes. Pointing out something that needs work doesn't mean I don't like the kid or think we need to make a change. Quite the opposite. I see the potential he has and want him to be better. I bet if you asked PJ and JT himself he would tell you that's his biggest weakness in the passing game. He will be fine, but he has not really played well outside of the first two games.

I agree that there are much bigger problems though. I just don't think it's off limits to talk about the flaws of one position group or player and others are off limits.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
That throw he made to Lynch right before he got demolished was ridiculous.

He's still the best QB CPJ has had, and still one of the best we've seen on the field at GT in a long time. How can some of you guys just totally forget about last year when he had a different situation around him? Give the guy just a little bit of room to operate and he's a great player ... pretty much like every other good QB in the world.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I would say last year there was a lot more that factored into his success than just giving him a little room though. While the Oline was significantly better, we also had 2 NFL WRs that other teams had to be cognizant of as well as a two headed monster at bback that was lighting up D's up the middle. A lot of qb's would've been successful in that offense last year. I think both Nesbitt and Vad would have had similar results. I also think that Justin is better than both of those guys for this system and if I had the choice, I would pick him for sure.

The pass to Lynch was a beauty, but he also made some pretty bad throws as well. Most of these were due to him not setting his feet and throwing of his back foot. When he plants his back foot (like he did on the 4th down throw to Stewart vs FSU) he throws a good ball for the most part. I understand him being hesitant with as bad as our line has been, but he proved he can do it on the throw to Lynch.

If JT played this way last year, I promise our record would be closer to this year than what was achieved last year. JT's performance stands out more than any other player, so that is why he catches the majority of criticism. You guys praised him when we were winning, but when he makes terrible decisions that are costly you want to blame anyone else. Yes Paul has not done his best this year, but he isn't taking the snaps. Johnson's performance this year is for another thread. QB gets all the glory and likewise he has to take it on the chin when things go haywire. He has lost Tech more games this year than he has lead to a victory. That can't be denied. Don't forget the miracle on Tech Wood Dr didn't have JT involved. He was the reason we were two scores down.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Justin and PJ could murder some of y'all's family members and you would defend them. Nobody on here is saying that Justin isn't a special player or that he is the reason that we are playing so bad. They are just acknowledging what anyone without gold colored glasses on can see. He's not playing well.

It's his 4th year in the system and he still carries the ball too loosely. Many of you defending Justin were the same one's saying Marshall shouldn't have been playing early because he puts the ball on the ground too much, yet turn a blind eye to JT when he puts it on the ground. He will not have an easier throw than the one he missed to Stewart. No pressure, wide open and he missed it. That's not the first time he's done that this year either. He has a great arm and is accurate when he can set his feet and put a little something on the pass. He really struggles putting touch on his passes. This is why he was so great at those back shoulder throws to Smelter last year and those corner route. He routinely misses the skinny posts over the middle when he needs to put some air under the ball. I, along with everyone else fully understand that the line has been terrible and the inexperience are the biggest reasons for the O struggling, but that does not excuse some of the things JT is doing/has done.

I would also bet that some of you making excuses for every mistake JT has made this year are the same people that ran Vad off and called him scared when the awful line in 2013 couldn't protect him.

Justin is a great athlete and a dynamic player when things are going right. He has some things to work on as well. Hopefully the week off will allow him and the rest of the team to heal up both physically and mentally and finish the year strong. We are not very good, but neither are the teams we play the rest of the year. It is very possible for us to finish 3-0 and keep our bowl streak alive, but we will have to play a lot better. Mainly our oline and "run D"

Amen! They can do no wrong. CPJ can slap their momma and it the momma's fault.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck

Wait a minute. You can't have it both ways.
Can't make excuses that "he is running for his life" and then say " pro qbs miss throws".

So nothing is his fault???

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer

Scorching. I'm impressed.