Justin update?

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The add to this, does anyone know the nature of his injury? Also, is Burden okay? How serious is Taqan Marshall's injury?

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
If Justin, Taquon, and Freddie can play, we should take it as a sign that our luck has turned and we'll beat ugag by about 35.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I dunno. It may have just been a neck stinger. They happen. I got one once in the Marines slipping off a log in the jungle. I was stunned and in agony thinking I may never be able to move my head again. The next day I was much better and then 100% in two. That day was HORRIBLE for me as there were many miles to go, a pack and a weapon to carry, with no end in sight and no alternatives. I gutted my way through, gritting my teeth the entire time, but if I had to play football, there was no way.

I am not saying that is his injury. I have no idea - just relaying a personal story.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
MJ is a tough sob. If JT can't go I just hope MJ can hold onto the ball a little better. Just from the little I've seen him, he looks to be able to get the 2 or 3 extra "nesbitt" yards.

Agree. I liked the power and quickness MJ showed. When he gets ball down security and the game slows down for him he's going to be tough.

I still hope to see Campbell play there some but he may wish to get on the field faster at another position. My understanding is he's had a lot of fun and looked good at different positions on the scout team. Of course Campbell can always move back to QB if we need him.

Anyway I think MJ just needs game reps, and to continue to work on the passing game. Arm seems decent but haven't gotten to see him throw a lot.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
Tough crowd, first time starter in a game against Miami. I like what I saw out of MJ minus the fumble and pick. He left a lot on the table that's for sure but it's his first game.

That choke slam was an ESPN Top 10 Highlight & how do you miss a wide open Jeune Twice??
Agreed. Thought MJ did some good things. Juene was wide open 3 pass plays in a row. The two MJ misses and the Brad Stewart reverse pass int. Did the ball slip out of his hands? I have trouble believing he missed by that much.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I have a lot of respect for how MJ gutted out the Miami game. He is going to watch the tape and learn a lot from his first game. I kinda figure Justin will be too banged up to play the whole game, if he plays at all. I think MJ or JT will give 100% on Saturday. We can't ask for anymore.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Thought MJ did some good things. Juene was wide open 3 pass plays in a row. The two MJ misses and the Brad Stewart reverse pass int. Did the ball slip out of his hands? I have trouble believing he missed by that much.
Just as the ball was snapped it started dropping buckets of water. The ball slipped out of his hand.

I dunno. It may have just been a neck stinger. They happen. I got one once in the Marines slipping off a log in the jungle. I was stunned and in agony thinking I may never be able to move my head again. The next day I was much better and then 100% in two. That day was HORRIBLE for me as there were many miles to go, a pack and a weapon to carry, with no end in sight and no alternatives. I gutted my way through, gritting my teeth the entire time, but if I had to play football, there was no way.

I am not saying that is his injury. I have no idea - just relaying a personal story.
Thank you for your service!!