Justin Thomas

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
The way this season has gone you can pretty much guarantee Paul Johnson is going to evaluate every position, including quarterbacks. Lets be honest, JT did not play well this season. Sure you can blame some of it on the O-line but JT did not make enough plays when the opportunities were there. I doubt Coach Johnson is just going to hand him the starting job next year. Do you think there will be a quarterback competition this offseason? If so, will JT fight for his job? Or will he leave?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The way this season has gone you can pretty much guarantee Paul Johnson is going to evaluate every position, including quarterbacks. Lets be honest, JT did not play well this season. Sure you can blame some of it on the O-line but JT did not make enough plays when the opportunities were there. I doubt Coach Johnson is just going to hand him the starting job next year. Do you think there will be a quarterback competition this offseason? If so, will JT fight for his job? Or will he leave?

JeT isn't going anywhere. First it's his Sr season and Second he is one helluva competitor. I do think it was be quite the competition this spring not only at QB but at EVERY position!

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
What JT needs is work on is passing game under pressure. JT had a mostly SR OLine last year that could help him out when needed, not this year though. This year he has had horrible protection. I want to see how he does with a healthy line next year and a good back up QB if Byerly is back

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
What JT needs is work on is passing game under pressure. JT had a mostly SR OLine last year that could help him out when needed, not this year though. This year he has had horrible protection. I want to see how he does with a healthy line next year and a good back up QB if Byerly is back
Not really sure how you can say that when we had 4 returning starters on o line with 3 of them being seniors this year. Justin can't make them block nor did it seem he trusted them to block in pass protection as was evident on several rushed throws today. Experienced line or not we just need the line to block consistently.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Justin was a warrior today, but probably shouldn't have played. As best I could tell, we did not run option left the entire game, and I'm pretty sure it's because of his shoulder. His throws were way off, as well.

As close as that game was, I honestly feel like we may have had a better chance with a healthy Jordan today rather than an injured Thomas.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Other than Shaq, we returned every single OL from last year. OL had issues, but it was the same OL we praised in 2014 minus one player.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Other than Shaq, we returned every single OL from last year. OL had issues, but it was the same OL we praised in 2014 minus one player.
If thats the case then, I want to know why or how they regressed so much. CPJ kept talking about the number of freshman on the line not helping JT. Maybe I mis understood

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think Thomas will get beat out but Byerly applied and will receive an additional year. Chances are he will take it. Having Byerly back would be huge.

This year Thomas was unable to complete passes you're expected to finish in high school. Even when given time, like today, he would sail it or throw it in the dirt. At this level, you cannot miss open guys. Cpj talks about efficiency all the time, well that efficiency happens when quarterbacks hit open receivers.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ runs the plays his players can execute. JT today showed he cannot make short passes, hence no short passing game this season

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
Justin was a warrior today, but probably shouldn't have played. As best I could tell, we did not run option left the entire game, and I'm pretty sure it's because of his shoulder. His throws were way off, as well.

As close as that game was, I honestly feel like we may have had a better chance with a healthy Jordan today rather than an injured Thomas.

Agreed. I thought it was very obvious JeT was ~55% - 60% today. More of a game manager than game breaker. Thought he laid everything he had in the line. He'll be back. I bet next year will be his best.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
JT is the guy. After losing Byerly we really didn't have a viable, game ready, backup that could spell him when dinged up. He was not as able to avoid injury this year as last. There was a lot more on his shoulders playmaking wise and he took more damage while trying to do more IMO.

Really hope Byerly gets hardship and returns. Even if not we need someone capable of spelling JT effectively when needed. No I'm not advocating platooning. Though I wouldn't protest over much if Byerly got in for a few drives per game.