Justin Thomas is an Early Candidate for the Heisman Trophy

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
One of the things I like about the way Coach runs his teams is that things like the Heisman are always secondary. This is, I think, one reason why some fans (fewer now, I bet) don't like the O. There isn't much chance for a QB in a run-oriented, system O to get the big banana. And that means you don't have any actual person to crow about. I think for a lot of fans bragging about the skills of particular players and how much better they are then their opponents players is a big part of the game. This is largely because it doesn't take much knowledge of the sport - and football is hellishly complex - to analyze great plays by great players.

So I don't expect JT to win the Heisman. I do expect he'll be the winningest starting QB in Tech history if he remains healthy. I'll take that any day of the week. And, yes, the comparisons to Russell Wilson are quite apt, imho.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One of the things I like about the way Coach runs his teams is that things like the Heisman are always secondary. This is, I think, one reason why some fans (fewer now, I bet) don't like the O. There isn't much chance for a QB in a run-oriented, system O to get the big banana. And that means you don't have any actual person to crow about. I think for a lot of fans bragging about the skills of particular players and how much better they are then their opponents players is a big part of the game. This is largely because it doesn't take much knowledge of the sport - and football is hellishly complex - to analyze great plays by great players.

So I don't expect JT to win the Heisman. I do expect he'll be the winningest starting QB in Tech history if he remains healthy. I'll take that any day of the week. And, yes, the comparisons to Russell Wilson are quite apt, imho.

Winningest Starting Tech QBs Last 25 Years (1989-2014), by wins:
1. Shawn Jones, 31.5
2. Joe Hamilton, 30
3. Reggie Ball, 30
4. Joshua Nesbitt, 26
5. George Godsey, 17
6. Tevin Washington, 15
7. Justin Thomas, 11

Winningest Starting Tech QBs Last 25 Years (1989-2014), by winning percentage:
1. Justin Thomas, .786
2. George Godsey, .680
3. Shawn Jones, .670
4. Joshua Nesbitt, .650
5. Joe Hamilton, .638

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If JT ends up in NY, I will root for him then. For now, I could care less. Our entire ethos is unselfishness. It needs to stay that way. What I am most concerned about right now is maintaining team chemistry and the culture of sacrifice. JT was a wonderful leader for us this year in that specific way. Some of his best games (Miami being one) are games when he had very little in the way of stats. He needs to believe in the offense and take whatever defenses are giving us without even giving a thought to "getting his", if you know what I mean.

Give me an ACC championship and a spot in the playoff and I will be happy even if he is never even mentioned for an individual award. I know how good he has been for us and don't need the validation. Hopefully he feels the same.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
There is only the slimmest of chances in 15 - need major suprise by incoming freshmen at ab and WR so JT'S passes have YAC and TDs . Next year the defenses will let JT run the seam -- pass will be back but not hiesman.

As boom says - TEAM and minimum mistakes and beat ND , that xxx duke and the pernial preseason national champs uga !