Just renewed my season tickets for 2017

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
What is the best area/view of on field action that doesn't require tech-fund $$$?
The seats you buy!

Non-Tech Fund seats are not going to be the best for overall field views. On average, for half of the time, the action is going to be at least 50 yards (or more) away. That being said, sideline seats will provide you with a view more like what you are used to seeing on TV. Upper North will allow you to see the running plays develop.

Based on what is showing available today, the non-Tech Fund Lower West is nearly sold out. If closeness to the field is your primary goal, know that highest row in the Upper East is closer to the field than almost all of Upper West. The Upper North, other than the lowest rows, has a high potential to have lots of opposing fans. Last time in the upper reaches of the Upper North for me was the 2013 UGAg game and it was like being in the cesspool.

I have seats in 111. I hate sitting in the sun. However, football is an outdoor sport so the sun is always going to be a factor. If the Lower East was still configured like it was in the 80's I'd probably want seats under the Upper East - even with the columns. Minimally, I did not want to be facing the sun. That leaves out the East and North Stands for me. The higher rows of the Lower West has the Upper West blocking the sun after 2PMish. 111 is slightly better aligned with he field than 101. So I got seats in the highest part of 111 with the lowest seat numbers (closer to the 50) that I could. I bring binoculars.

The best part of season tickets vs. Stub-Hub-roulette for me is that I have gotten to know some of the people around us and the incidence of sitting near ******* fans of the opposition has decreased greatly. Man the folks that wimped out and sold their tickets to the ******* F$U fans near me in 2015 sure missed out on a great game.

Any location; Just Do It. Buy season tickets. If you ever stop being as cheap as me ;) (or 80k harder) you can upgrade and get better views.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
We're in section 129 every year. The opposing band gets a little annoying. Other than that, we love the seats!
I really, really hate where we put the opposing band. That location acts as a natural bandshell and amplifies the band greatly. Sitting in the upper west about the same distance from our band to the visitor's band, the visitor's band drowns ours out. :banghead:

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I really, really hate where we put the opposing band. That location acts as a natural bandshell and amplifies the band greatly. Sitting in the upper west about the same distance from our band to the visitor's band, the visitor's band drowns ours out. :banghead:
I can believe it. I can't remember what team we were playing last year, but they played over the Budweiser song. We didn't hear a bit of it. Might have be Southern. Obnoxious.