Just renewed my season tickets for 2017

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the justification aside from home game vs UGA is that it includes the kick off game

Edit: I see 33 beat me to the answer, but yea that's my guess for price hike which makes sense.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
While that may be a good reason for raising prices, its not like they are going to decrease the price back to what it was next yea with a normal schedule.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Doesn't this include one extra game (7 vs 6)? and home UGA?

seems right to me as I think this includes the UT game too
Speaking of the UT game, any idea when those individual tickets go on sale? Would love season tickets but it's a long drive from Texas.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
From what I heard, they won't be

According to the Kickoff Classic website: "For each game, the majority of the tickets will be divided between the two teams, creating a true neutral-site environment. All tickets will be sold through the university ticket offices."

I am sure they will go on sale to non-season ticket holders at some point. Usually the AAs offer exclusive pre-sales to season ticket holders, before offering them to the general public. That is the way it works for all other games, and I am sure the way it will work for this one as well. No way just the season ticket holders sell-out the stadium.

Also, there are already a number of tickets for sale on secondary markets like StubHub.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
When I spoke with the office renewing my season tickets I was told that any extra tickets would be offered to season ticket holders on a one for one basis, then offered for sale out to the general public. They couldn't specify a date but season tickets holder who expressed an interest in additional tickets would be notified by email if any were to be available.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
No way just the season ticket holders sell-out the stadium.

Maybe not, but I wouldn't be so sure. The stadium only seats 71,000. If half are allocated to GT, that is only 35,500. There are somewhere close to 30,000 season ticket holders(the last number I saw was 33,500) but that probably includes students. If there are only 25,000 non student season ticket holders and half request an extra ticket(which I did and several others have posted on here that they did), the requests from season ticket holders will exceed 35,500. Also, I am certain that if Tenn will be requesting more tickets for their fans if any are available.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So, do I understand correctly that GTAA just forced season ticket holders to buy chik tiks (higher season cost) and said that they were included as if free?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
So, do I understand correctly that GTAA just forced season ticket holders to buy chik tiks (higher season cost) and said that they were included as if free?

It is a home game, and it is only a mile and a half down the street. There are seven home games including this one, same as last year. I don't look at is as being forced to but the tickets. However, they did use this game as justification for the higher cost. Also, I think the difference is $45 instead of $70. The $325 was with a $25 early order discount and the $395 was without the discount.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It is a home game, and it is only a mile and a half down the street. There are seven home games including this one, same as last year. I don't look at is as being forced to but the tickets. However, they did use this game as justification for the higher cost. Also, I think the difference is $45 instead of $70. The $325 was with a $25 early order discount and the $395 was without the discount.

Cool. They made it sound like it's supposed to be neutral site game even though very close to home.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Cool. They made it sound like it's supposed to be neutral site game even though very close to home.

Depends on how you look at it. GT is the official home team. Tenn will get to call the coin toss. However, it is a neutral site. I assume they will have one end zone with GT one end zone with Tenn. Also I don't think either team can officially recruit at the game.