Just asking after watching GT for my entire life.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
ND has the same colors as us. They never have embarrassing aerial photos posted of their stadium. Our stadium should look like this for COFH.
View attachment 11756
I hate to point this out, but the colors at ND in 2017 looked too similar to the colors at BDS.

BAOPERHRSRIKBJKUSCTLSYK4S4.jpg

LibertyTurns

Banned
I know we’re all pissed about the last game but I don’t think they drove their tractors to this game.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I hate to point this out, but the colors at ND in 2017 looked too similar to the colors at BDS.

BAOPERHRSRIKBJKUSCTLSYK4S4.jpg
Yes. Many a visitor to ND has noted that the crowd does not stick to any one color. They wear whatever cool weather clothing they have with the occasional blue, yellow, green, white, gold splashes here and there. Any visiting team with a big following that wears a bold color (red stands out more than any) can make a good showing.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Who have we gained that compares with Sims? I’m missing something I guess.

Those transfers we have gotten have been generally unimpressive. We were supposed to have an excellent offensive line this year because of transfers.
Cochran made all ACC this year.

Johnson has been a 2 year starter, Eley started every game. McGowan is the best WR we’ve had in several years.

Several of the DB transfers have gotten run and provided depth.

We’ve done way better in the portal with guys we’ve brought in versus who we’ve lost. Gibbs is painful because he’s the best player to play at GT in a decade at least. Thankfully we have CTC and some quality depth at the position.

Lastly, nobody predicted we would have an “excellent” OL this is. Most predicted we would be better and we were (though not as good as we’d hoped).

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Cochran made all ACC this year.

Johnson has been a 2 year starter, Eley started every game. McGowan is the best WR we’ve had in several years.

Several of the DB transfers have gotten run and provided depth.

We’ve done way better in the portal with guys we’ve brought in versus who we’ve lost. Gibbs is painful because he’s the best player to play at GT in a decade at least. Thankfully we have CTC and some quality depth at the position.

Lastly, nobody predicted we would have an “excellent” OL this is. Most predicted we would be better and we were (though not as good as we’d hoped).
I said initially we would have to agree to disagree. You are convinced that transfers were a gold mine for us, I am not. I could nit-pick with you all day about specific players and I doubt either of us would convince the other. I have been hugely disappointed in the impact of our transfers. After several on here touting our offensive line before the season, and CGC saying it would be improved, it and the whole team seemed to regress. If we had gotten so much improvement through transfers we would not have lost to NIU and we would not have gone 3-9. Big flop on all of this.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I said initially we would have to agree to disagree. You are convinced that transfers were a gold mine for us, I am not. I could nit-pick with you all day about specific players and I doubt either of us would convince the other. I have been hugely disappointed in the impact of our transfers. After several on here touting our offensive line before the season, and CGC saying it would be improved, it and the whole team seemed to regress. If we had gotten so much improvement through transfers we would not have lost to NIU and we would not have gone 3-9. Big flop on all of this.
Not once have I said the transfers are a “gold mine.”

I just said we’ve be helped more with the guys coming in than we have been hurt by guys leaving (save Gibbs).

If you can’t see that, you’re not looking or have an axe to grind.

I will agree with you that I’ve been disappointed with the (lack of) production from some guys. I had high expectations for White this year and Clayton when he came in. Neither have done much.

I’ve also expected more from a few of the DBs we’ve brought in, but they’ve underwhelmed as well.

Still we have several guys getting meaningful minutes and providing depth in positions of need. The only player (other than Gibbs) that we though might hurt was Brown and he was a complete non factor as USCe and would’ve most likely lost his job to McGowen this year if he stayed anyways.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully the committee looks at their strength of schedule to this point and realizes that this is the first tough game they played all year. Put the mutts in the sugar bowl.
They should honestly, but they’ll be in over ND because ND doesn’t have a conf championship game. I don’t see a 2 loss team jumping uga sadly.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
They should honestly, but they’ll be in over ND because ND doesn’t have a conf championship game. I don’t see a 2 loss team jumping uga sadly.
The mutts have played exactly 1 top 20 team this year. Looks like they will lose that game by more than two touchdowns.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Other than Gibbs, No has transferred out of the program that was of any real significance on the field.

As far a Collins. His coaching so far has been less than desired but I won’t discount his accomplishments as a DC. At GT I don’t think he’s been given proper guidance and his arrogance and GT’s pocket strings have limited him on his assistance. Well things about to change on those ends. For all his critics Collins has advanced the program in ways off the field but it has not translated. Maybe this coming season will be different. His coaching career depends on if.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Not once have I said the transfers are a “gold mine.”

I just said we’ve be helped more with the guys coming in than we have been hurt by guys leaving (save Gibbs).

If you can’t see that, you’re not looking or have an axe to grind.

I will agree with you that I’ve been disappointed with the (lack of) production from some guys. I had high expectations for White this year and Clayton when he came in. Neither have done much.

I’ve also expected more from a few of the DBs we’ve brought in, but they’ve underwhelmed as well.

Still we have several guys getting meaningful minutes and providing depth in positions of need. The only player (other than Gibbs) that we though might hurt was Brown and he was a complete non factor as USCe and would’ve most likely lost his job to McGowen this year if he stayed anyways.
No axe grinding; we just disagree.

For what it’s worth I hope I am proven wrong next year. I would love for the transfers we have to blossom into game changers.