JT's Fumble late in 4th Qtr vs. UGA

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think if you review all three videos I posted, you can see this is a change of mind in mid action. He did not try to tuck and Waller was directly in his eye's direction.

I believe, and could be wrong, that he thought about passing to Waller, as Waller was open to the inside, saw that the pass would need to be across his body and over a defender, and tried to abort the pass. He does not re-cock his arm nor does he bring the ball back to his body.

It looks as if he decided not to release the ball, but the momentum of his arm was stronger than his grip on the ball. In a pump fake the arm momentum normally is not stronger than your grip. In a full pass and change of mind, the arm speed may be more than your grip. Think about where the ball would come out if you tried to pass and changed your mind and I think that is where the ball came out.

I think, I believe, but only JT knows.

jd1985

Georgia Tech Fan
I think if you review all three videos I posted, you can see this is a change of mind in mid action. He did not try to tuck and Waller was directly in his eye's direction.

I believe, and could be wrong, that he thought about passing to Waller, as Waller was open to the inside, saw that the pass would need to be across his body and over a defender, and tried to abort the pass. He does not re-cock his arm nor does he bring the ball back to his body.

It looks as if he decided not to release the ball, but the momentum of his arm was stronger than his grip on the ball. In a pump fake the arm momentum normally is not stronger than your grip. In a full pass and change of mind, the arm speed may be more than your grip. Think about where the ball would come out if you tried to pass and changed your mind and I think that is where the ball came out.

I think, I believe, but only JT knows.