JT Wears Gold...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He played great against FSU and Georgia. I was at the FSU game and saw it for myself. Do I think he was a step/half-step faster in the Orange Bowl? Yes. A little time to heal helps.
Ah, you just fell in love with that Houdini Texas Sidestep thing. But I'll take your word for it. What I want to see is something like a midline option that has him loose in the middle of the field, so we can watch an honest to goodness foot race to the EZ, and not one with a DB angle. That would be seriously entertaining.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how anybody can say he's not durable when his only significant injury came when he was rolled up by a db who held onto to his ankle too long. Btw, that roll technique is a very commonly taught and used technique, I'm sure our guys do it all the time. I think the guy just held on a wee bit too long.
A cynic would say that it's Duke.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I understand the roll technique, but watch the vine again. I can't read the kids mind, but it sure looked dirty.

I agree. No one complained about the tackle per say, imo. Grabbing the foot and wrenching it at the end was not part of the tackle, and not just holding it a wee long or whatever.

BranMart

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't see an extra twist. I see a guy grabbing what he can to get a guy down. He was just standing up at the end and letting go at the same time.

What is supposed to do, lie there until JT got up and told him it was safe for him to move?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't see an extra twist. I see a guy grabbing what he can to get a guy down. He was just standing up at the end and letting go at the same time.

What is supposed to do, lie there until JT got up and told him it was safe for him to move?

LOL

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I guess the rest of us have a slanted view of the situation. :confused:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Agree somewhat but the guy gives a little extra fling at the very end that was more attitude than anything else. I'm not sure that caused an injury or not.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There is definitely a little extra tweak at the end lending to my belief his intent was to hurt JT versus tackle him. His whole countenance when he got up spoke volumes to me. This is just my perception.
Especially since JT seemed to favor this ankle the rest of the game!

BranMart

Georgia Tech Fan
We will never know, but I bet the guy was just glad to get him down, stood up in exasperation, yes with some attitude, and went back on his merry way to start all over, never thinking twice about it, probably did not even realize what he had done.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

That would work.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

So, you understand that post to be a complaint about the tackle per se. And this is a tackle which you expect GT to be taught according to this post:
I don't know how anybody can say he's not durable when his only significant injury came when he was rolled up by a db who held onto to his ankle too long. Btw, that roll technique is a very commonly taught and used technique, I'm sure our guys do it all the time. I think the guy just held on a wee bit too long.

So, then, when you ask this:

Who said that?

The answer is you. Do I have that right?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So, you understand that post to be a complaint about the tackle per se. And this is a tackle which you expect GT to be taught according to this post:

So, then, when you ask this:

The answer is you. Do I have that right?
The tackle was fine, it's the aftermath that's in question. Like I said earlier, it may or may not have caused an injury. I never heard one player or coach for GT complain about that play after the game, only fans. Hmmmm....