JT look a little slow to anybody?

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought the same. There were several times he could have cut back and stayed in bounds but chose not to. That's ok, he is making solid decisions - including not taking unnecessary hits.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
It was good to get him out of the game early today. We are really going to need him 100% for the next two games.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It was good to get him out of the game early today. We are really going to need him 100% for the next two games.

Unrelated but, have we ever had a backup as effective as Byerly? I know VL showed some things behind TW as did JT last year backing upVL. Godsey was a good backup for #14 but he wasn't really the Goose yet either. I swear our offense looks as good with Byerly as it does with JT although, of course, we lose JT's explosiveness. But Byerly is a #2 who you can win with.

Squint

Georgia Tech Fan
In the Duke game, his injury had to be an ankle injury. That Duke defender was twisting it all around after he was on the ground. Must be a sprain. Those things can nag forever if you don't stay off of it.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Unrelated but, have we ever had a backup as effective as Byerly? I know VL showed some things behind TW as did JT last year backing upVL. Godsey was a good backup for #14 but he wasn't really the Goose yet either. I swear our offense looks as good with Byerly as it does with JT although, of course, we lose JT's explosiveness. But Byerly is a #2 who you can win with.
Jabo Shaw did some good back up. Won some games.
I agree that TJ5 not as fast as start of season and agree has not been since Duke. I was hoping Byerly would come in after we made 42. He is a beast. He should court some NFL teams. He has some NFL tools IMO. He seems to be a better passer than JT5. His touchdown pass was right on the money.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
I totally agree with the OP. He looks a little slower in almost all aspects. I think playing for the long haul is the correct assessment, but I hope his quickness comes back...doesn't turn out to be like what happened to VL after the UNC game. Byerly is good and he can run the offense, but for him to be good in the passing game, the blocking has to hold up. He can't keep plays alive like JT has been doing.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Jabo Shaw did some good back up. Won some games.
I agree that TJ5 not as fast as start of season and agree has not been since Duke. I was hoping Byerly would come in after we made 42. He is a beast. He should court some NFL teams. He has some NFL tools IMO. He seems to be a better passer than JT5. His touchdown pass was right on the money.

forgot about Shaw - he was capable. with that being said, Byerly may be the only one of the bunch that was/is not a dropoff from the starter. Not saying he should be the starter either (preemptive disclaimer) but I am completely comfortable with him at QB.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I totally agree with the OP. He looks a little slower in almost all aspects. I think playing for the long haul is the correct assessment, but I hope his quickness comes back...doesn't turn out to be like what happened to VL after the UNC game. Byerly is good and he can run the offense, but for him to be good in the passing game, the blocking has to hold up. He can't keep plays alive like JT has been doing.
IIRC he did damn good, avoiding the rush, in the last minutes of the Duke game.