Josh Okogie out till ACC????

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting. I can understand the "no restrictions" comment, but conditioning to play 40 minutes is asking a lot.
Agreed, but it sounded like the conditioning has to be there before he's a go. If the interview gets posted, I'll link it.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I am saying that his conditioning will not take long for him to be able to play at 100%, because as I expect he has taken great care of his body through out his life. So naturally his condition will be fine very quickly. In other words a man up until about 35 to 40 years old who has not stopped running would be able to play at the same pace as always. Just so the injury is his hand and if the hand is back to 100% Of course leg and some other serious injury would be different.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I am saying that his conditioning will not take long for him to be able to play at 100%, because as I expect he has taken great care of his body through out his life. So naturally his condition will be fine very quickly. In other words a man up until about 35 to 40 years old who has not stopped running would be able to play at the same pace as always. Just so the injury is his hand and if the hand is back to 100% Of course leg and some other serious injury would be different.

Oh look!
English.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I do not remember the date he hurt his hand, but it was 6-7 weeks ago. He was not allowed to do any conditioning. None, if the report I read was accurate. Getting back into shape to stay on the court for 40 minutes is different than competing for 40 minutes with guys who are in top condition. Taking care of your body is certainly important, but rushing this part of his return could increase his risk for injury significantly.

I want him back as much as anyone, but saying he has to be able to play for 40 minutes is surprising.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He's not going to come back in mid-season form, but Josh is a supreme athlete. It's not going to take him as long to get his wind back as it would one of us. He will get eased back into it and there's gonna be times he has to push through, but once he is cleared, I expect to see him in the lineup sooner than later.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pastner said today that Josh O isn't playing unless there are no restrictions and he's fully prepared to play the full 40 minutes if needed.

OK, so he's out for the year then. No way he can start by playing 40 minutes, especially just being cleared for conditioning on Wednesday per the linked article. No one can go from 0 to 40 that quick ....... CJP must have been using a bit of hyperbole........ hope we see him Sunday for a few minutes at least.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
OK, so he's out for the year then. No way he can start by playing 40 minutes, especially just being cleared for conditioning on Wednesday per the linked article. No one can go from 0 to 40 that quick ....... CJP must have been using a bit of hyperbole........ hope we see him Sunday for a few minutes at least.
Got it. He's out for the year. OK.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Tomorrow we will have Lammers who has supposedly been off his feet for a whole week and I guess/hope JO who has been out of conditioning for 6 weeks. Hope we figure a way to allow both of them to ease back in. Also that we don’t go nuts when JO goes 2-12 with 5 TOS first game back.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

No, you just have reading comprehension issues. Being prepared to play 40 minutes doesn't mean he will, or he would be expected to be at top form for all 40 minutes. Okogie has had a finger issue. It's not like he's been bedridden for 7 weeks and lost everything. He won't be at top form, but that wasn't what Pastner said he had to be to return.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I just had a run with a friend who's a PT. According to her the recovery time for an injury like like JO suffered is normally much less than the 6-7 weeks he has been out. The infection is the complicating issue, which she said could be minor or very serious. It all depends on how fast a person heals. She said a 20 year old collegiate athlete should be able to get back into reasonable shape in about two weeks. But she said 100% could off in the future quite a bit. Another issue she mentioned is how his therapy for the finger is progressing. Even though it's his left hand, she indicated in her sometimes snarky fashion that some basketball players actually use both hands. This was in response to me saying he's a right hander who seldom goes to his left.