Jose

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think this is good news for Jose. Pelicans trade for McCollum

From the article - Satoransky lost the Pelicans' backup point guard spot to two-way guard Jose Alvarado and has played in just one game since returning from health and safety protocols last month.

Satoransky was part of the trade. I hope this means the Pelicans are clearing room for Jose to be the backup PG going forward.
Looks that way…and to make a playoff push. They’re currently only 4-5 games back from final spot.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
1644416811218.png
Looks like he has a t-shirt available. Think I might have to buy this one.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

55.4: Jose Alvarado shooting percentage from the field over the last seven games, which ranks third on the Pelicans during that span (since Jan. 29). The only New Orleans players with higher recent rates are bigs Jaxson Hayes (77.8 percent) and Jonas Valanciunas (58.3), both of whom get a lion’s share of their baskets in the paint or at the rim. Over the same timeframe, rookie reserve guard/intrepid postgame reporter Alvarado leads New Orleans with a three-point percentage of 41.7, sinking multiple long balls in games vs. Boston, Detroit and Miami. Yes, he can shoot. Despite being a higher-usage player over the last two weeks, Alvarado’s assist-to-turnover ratio has remained excellent, with 20 dimes and six turnovers (3.3 ratio) in those seven games. For the season, Alvarado has 55 assists and 10 turnovers (5.5 ratio).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Jose rode the pine last night. Anyone know why?

Team probably wants to see how their new toy (McCollum) works as the primary ball handler. Since he's a trash defender, maybe felt they couldn't pair him with an undersized guy like Jose. jmho

Either that or they're tanking and wanted to ensure the L. :cool:

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Team probably wants to see how their new toy (McCollum) works as the primary ball handler. Since he's a trash defender, maybe felt they couldn't pair him with an undersized guy like Jose. jmho

Either that or they're tanking and wanted to ensure the L. :cool:
Their new toy went for 38 pts. Maybe Jose is now trade bait? I’ll follow him wherever’s he’s playing. If he’s gonna ride the pine now, not so much.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Their new toy went for 38 pts. Maybe Jose is now trade bait? I’ll follow him wherever’s he’s playing. If he’s gonna ride the pine now, not so much.

Trade bait? Nah, I wouldn't go that far off one game. If he's out of the rotation I'd imagine he'd go back to the gleague at worst.

He wasn't likely in their plan for this year anyways.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
The trade deadline has passed so Jose can't be trade bait. He sat a game in which Devonte Graham played well for once. Besides I've seen footage of Jose and CJ on the floor together.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pelicans are scared Jose is gonna Jeremy Lin the situation. I get it, they spent some money at the guard position, and they have Zion Williamson hurt. They don't need Jose to start a movement like Jeremy Lin did with the Knicks and complicate matters with fragile egos.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

They are going with a PG-less starting lineup right now, looks like. Jose played 11 minutes last night, Looks like the trade may not have been the best thing for his individual PT for the time being, but according to Ken's report, it sounds like he is still a factor in their plans. And they upset the Sun's last night.