Jordan yates

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'll believe it when he gets on the field.

Not, mind, that I don't think he's going to be very good. I wish he were a step faster, but there it is. He looks like Ricky Hobbs in his films, so you know why Paul went after him so hard and so early. Coach gets the benefit of that, for which three cheers.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Is the most accurate passer I have seen in a long time at tech I believe he will be the Starting QB by mid season everyone else is either too inconsistent or their arm is too weak the next best QB to me Is 16 Liam Byrne I think. That’s his name .
You would play Liam Byrne over LJ, Graham or Oliver against Clemson?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Is the most accurate passer I have seen in a long time at tech I believe he will be the Starting QB by mid season everyone else is either too inconsistent or their arm is too weak the next best QB to me Is 16 Liam Byrne I think. That’s his name .
I'm very high on Jordan Yates. For just a five practices, he seemed to have a good command of the field. He wasn't great today, but I'm impressed.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I was watching him in passing drills and he had a lot of passes in a row sailing high, reading you guys he must have fixed that, I was watching the trenches and LBs for the most part during the scrimmage part and have no idea what was happening with the passers and receivers.
We had a lot of interceptions, which QBs do those get chalked up to?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I didn't go but if Byrne was the 2 nd best he must have improved a lot after the spring game. I wish I could have seen Yates don't think any coach would play him in the Clemson game but do look for the after that not to start but play. Don't want to pull for any one QB want to see all them do good.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Idk. I came away today thinking Lucas Johnson or Graham. Johnson has much more accuracy it appeared and discipline. Graham is ok but great with his feet, and let's face it, we may need a QB with legs.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I didn't go but if Byrne was the 2 nd best he must have improved a lot after the spring game. I wish I could have seen Yates don't think any coach would play him in the Clemson game but do look for the after that not to start but play. Don't want to pull for any one QB want to see all them do good.

Actually when there is no pressure all six QBs (Byrne, Lantz, Yates, Graham, Oliver, and Johnson) deliver a similar ball. Byrne and Lantz are not runners and I doubt Johnson would hold up long getting belted. Graham looks good throwing on the run and Johnson looks good making decisions to dump short passes when pressured. Not so sure about Oliver but he can run and lead and is very tough. I think Yates' lack of comparative interceptions was his reluctance to throw under hard pressure and he just took the "touch" sack. At times he looked really good. The eventual starter will be the one who can execute the plays and handle the pressure without giving the game away. I do not think how good their thrown ball looks will drive the decision.

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
He threw multiple interceptions today and was staring down receivers. Three potential but he’s not ready yet.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I love these one practice analysis. James Graham also had 4 INTs today. Does that mean we go ahead and switch him to a different position? We'll see who is above the line in a few weeks. If I were to give my opinion though, I thought Lucas looked the best.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I love these one practice analysis. James Graham also had 4 INTs today. Does that mean we go ahead and switch him to a different position? We'll see who is above the line in a few weeks. If I were to give my opinion though, I thought Lucas looked the best.

In a 50%run pass attack Lucas is the safest bet today. If we want to run 65% plus I would lean to a tag team of Oliver and Graham. I hope we RS Yates. He is going to be good. We were in throw mode today (maybe more for the fans) and that favors Lucas. In a real game at this point in the team's development I would lean to a run heavy attack which might not favor Lucas.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Liam Byrne....come on man. Ryan Lantz looked much better than him in the spring game, and these guys are 4th/5th stringers. I would play Oliver, LJ, or Graham before either of them.
Oliver Johnson &Graham do not have his arm and he is more consistent .

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
In a 50%run pass attack Lucas is the safest bet today. If we want to run 65% plus I would lean to a tag team of Oliver and Graham. I hope we RS Yates. He is going to be good. We were in throw mode today (maybe more for the fans) and that favors Lucas. In a real game at this point in the team's development I would lean to a run heavy attack which might not favor Lucas.

I expect 50 percent pass. We are telling recruits we are going to sling it. I think we will, even if it is dink and dunk at first.