Jordan yates

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You mean that he expects to be a two year starter?

Wouldn’t an extra year make him potentially a 3 year starter? He’s a redshirt junior right now.

Again, it's just a wag on my part, but since he's a RS Jr this year, he is potentially a two-year starter for us now. That would be a pretty decent amount of experience if he were looking for a next-level job. So, I wouldn't think that he'd need an extra year of eligibility from that standpoint. However, if he didn't expect to be a two year starter for us, then he might want two years of eligibility on the transfer market after this year.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Yea I see what you’re saying. It made more sense for curry because he only had 1 left without the 6th instead of 2.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
LJ could opt to go pro after next year even if he gets an extra year. Gives him more options if he is the starter. I can see next year and year after as being really good. He may want to stick around to be part of it and get a graduate degree.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
LJ could opt to go pro after next year even if he gets an extra year. Gives him more options if he is the starter. I can see next year and year after as being really good. He may want to stick around to be part of it and get a graduate degree.

If you think CGC would keep a 6th year QB who isn't starting on scholarship, you haven't been paying attention, imo. However, you are quite right, and that's why I said it was just a guess.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If you think CGC would keep a 6th year QB who isn't starting on scholarship, you haven't been paying attention, imo. However, you are quite right, and that's why I said it was just a guess.
Depends on how good LJ actually is. If he lights it up we will want the extra year for him. Down side is it probably runs one or mor QB's out of the system if he stays. Guess he could transfer with that extra year rather than sit.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Depends on how good LJ actually is. If he lights it up we will want the extra year for him. Down side is it probably runs one or mor QB's out of the system if he stays. Guess he could transfer with that extra year rather than sit.
Fact is 2 of the QB's on the roster will leave after this year no matter who starts all have too many years to sit on the bench. or the could change positions

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Again, it's just a wag on my part, but since he's a RS Jr this year, he is potentially a two-year starter for us now. That would be a pretty decent amount of experience if he were looking for a next-level job. So, I wouldn't think that he'd need an extra year of eligibility from that standpoint. However, if he didn't expect to be a two year starter for us, then he might want two years of eligibility on the transfer market after this year.

At the very least, another year of eligibility could possibly get another year of grad school paid for, correct? Whether here or elsewhere if he grad transfers. There is no downside to applying for an extra year. Lucas is setting himself up well for the future, regardless of what happens on the field.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
At the very least, another year of eligibility could possibly get another year of grad school paid for, correct? Whether here or elsewhere if he grad transfers. There is no downside to applying for an extra year. Lucas is setting himself up well for the future, regardless of what happens on the field.
this is what he is majoring in literature, media and communication did not know Tech had that degree .

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
this is what he is majoring in literature, media and communication did not know Tech had that degree .
Many gt grads move on to other non technical careers. Some do it right out of school.

Doesn't Lmc , business admin , construction managment has close to 100% of team.?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I dont think we will see Yates this year unless there are a couple injuries. There are 3 guys ahead of him on the depth chart and all 3 desperately need game snaps

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I don't know about the depth chart, since all those QBs are under-center option guys. But I am hoping he is good enough to step to the front. Lots of freshmen do it, and I would think he is a candidate. (While he has no track record at Tech, neither has he a bad track record.) I don't care as long as we don't dink it to the flats and call it a pro style offense. For that, we have to throw 10-yard slants. Either is kind of boring. Let's see what we have, and I wish we didn't open against Clemson. I think we will be blown away, but at least Swinney doesn't have a rep for running it up. A couple of games last year he got more than 70 players on to the field for at least a couple of snaps.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If Clemson has a big lead early in second half I hope we don't throw Yates into the fire against them. That's asking a lot for a freshman. I could see the Citadel as possible to see some PT. I still think 4 games at most and a redshirt.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If Clemson has a big lead early in second half I hope we don't throw Yates into the fire against them. That's asking a lot for a freshman. I could see the Citadel as possible to see some PT. I still think 4 games at most and a redshirt.
agree 100 % unless all the QB's tank which I don't see.