Jordan Woods waxes eloquent about GT....

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Attouchu was too small his 2nd year also. Cracks me up how some folks make declarations branding certain players this or that. A success or a failure. Some just cant understand these are still developing players. :rolleyes:

Excited about Woods though. Could be a beast at end and seems like a very level headed kid. Far more than I was at that age :)

Last edited:

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
This guy has the potential to be a corner stone for our defense. Not just a guy who has a shot at the NFL, but a guy who scouts want to come see.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Attouchu was too small his 2nd year also. Cracks me up how some folks make declarations branding certain players this or that. A success or a failure. Some just cant understand these are still developing players. :rolleyes:

Excited about Woods though. Could be a beast at end and seems like a very level headed kid. Far more than I was at that age :)

Going to be interesting .

In pros J attouche has moved from de to lb. I would think he could have been fast enough to play lb in college. Watching freeman from field level u can see he is really athletic. Fact of matter ee have not had depth of talent so these thinner guys have had to play. Welcome aboard.

tugdog235

Georgia Tech Fan
Attaochu was recruited to play OLB in a 3-4, which is his role on the Chargers. We switched to a 4-3 while he was here so he moved to DE, where his skillset best fit.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Freeman seems to me to be a better fit at LB than DE and I felt that he might be switched to LB once we had a more prototypical DE but my expertise is close to zero.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Freeman seems to me to be a better fit at LB than DE and I felt that he might be switched to LB once we had a more prototypical DE but my expertise is close to zero.
It would be tough to switch him in our D, imo, because we don't really have much in the way of OLB's. We have a Mike and a Will (both are more ILB's) ... and then probably 5 DB's. He would fit great as a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 under Sam who walks up on the LOS often and is usually responsible for outside force support. So, DE is probably where he'll stay in our D.

Now, it would make great sense to me, even in our D, to bring in another DE and have Freeman as a true Sam against 12, 21, and 22 offensive formations.