Jordan Woods has left the team

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Kelly Quinlan‏Verified account @Kelly_Quinlan
R-Fr DE Jordan Woods has left the #GaTech FB team. Opportunities abound for young SDEs like Alston and Dawson now. https://georgiatech.rivals.com/news/woods-leaves-gt-holes-to-fill-at-sde …

C98AzZWXYAQOkJd.jpg

5:50 AM - 21 Apr 2017
0 replies1 retweet0 likes

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Best of luck to the young man. Wish it could've worked out here.

That said, it sounds like the injury took a toll on him.
Woods missed his freshman season with a shoulder injury and surgery and was buried on the depth chart this spring as the fourth strongside end battling with walk-ons for playing time.

(yikes)

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
it would have been nice to have a true SDE. but sounds like he was loafing a bit if he's battling walk-ons. hope it works out best for the guy

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I wouldn't read too much into the quote. The guy probably is not even 80% healthy.

Either the coaches spoke to Woods about his progress or he got really discouraged/depressed.

First, fantastic avatar.

Second, I recall Woods was really vocal/proud to sign with GT. Hate to see it end this way for him. Makes me think he was struggling to recover from the injury and, as you said, got discouraged.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Appears he still wants to play, just not here. Don't know if classes or competition was the deciding factor. Regardless, wish him the best.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't read too much into the quote. The guy probably is not even 80% healthy.

Either the coaches spoke to Woods about his progress from injury or he got really discouraged/depressed.
Ibeeballin - I have a question if you can answer. I am one who doesn't like to see players leave our program, but it happens for different reasons to ALL programs. If I go back and look if a school keeps 50% of a signing class at the end of 4 or 5 years I always thought that was good. In your class do you remember how many we signed and how many stayed all 4 or 5 years ?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Ibeeballin - I have a question if you can answer. I am one who doesn't like to see players leave our program, but it happens for different reasons to ALL programs. If I go back and look if a school keeps 50% of a signing class at the end of 4 or 5 years I always thought that was good. In your class do you remember how many we signed and how many stayed all 4 or 5 years ?

My class was small

15 (16 if you count gray shirt)
5 transferred out
3 didn't finish playing but stayed in school
1 left early for draft (4 yr junior

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Either the coaches spoke to Woods about his progress from injury or he got really discouraged/depressed.
A pity. He looks like what you would want in a defensive end. That photo has "football player" all over it. That said, injuries and discouragement are tough things for young people to overcome. Probably best that he start over somewhere else. Best of luck to him.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I tell you this school and this game is not for everybody. It takes a special combination of skills and talents to be a Yellow Jacket football player. Our coaches do a real good job for the most part identifying those with that combination. Sometimes you find out after the fact, that it just is not right. Usually departures like this are best for both parties.

Go Jackets!