Jordan Tucker....

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
2 main demands.
If GT signed MJ Walker he would not sign with GT.
Second, he did not want to play at the 4. He and his dad see him as an NBA 3 and wants to play there in college, not at other positions.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
the upside at least for me was for him to play 4 this year as a 6'7" shooter to replace Q while all the young uns grew up.
He could then slide back and forth next year as a 3/4.
I don't think we would hang him out to dry one on one against a classic 6'9" PF but keep him in the zone.
But with 3 folks now targeting that 4 spot and multiple wings for next year I am not sure his value is anywhere near where it was unless we think he is a true difference maker.
Given his PT at Duke I am not sure he is that difference maker - not that he didn't start but that he didn't play much if at all.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He won't sign if Walker signs, but he'll go to Duke with all their talent. Doesn't make much sense.

If a recruit told me he wouldn't come because of another higher profile recruit, then is that a kid you really want? If someone is scared of competition, and they get passed for playing time, are they willing to fight and work harder to get minutes, or will they bail?

I guess Tucker answered that one already...

bos

Helluva Engineer
First off, ACC transfer rules will make it extremely unlikely he ends up at any ACC school.

Second, while he has looked good in AAU ball, it has tended not to translate into games as much. Having seem him a couple of times with Wheeler last year, he never seemed to find his comfort zone.

Also, his demands to the staff made him a guy i didn't mind on missing last spring.

I saw him more than a couple of times at Wheeler. You can tell he has all the tools, (size, shooting technique) but he just can't put it together. I always wondered why he was ranked so high when he made more turnovers than points in games. There were several times he would make a bad play and took himself out of the game. Then he claimed to be injured for a little bit and checked back in later.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If a recruit told me he wouldn't come because of another higher profile recruit, then is that a kid you really want? If someone is scared of competition, and they get passed for playing time, are they willing to fight and work harder to get minutes, or will they bail?

I guess Tucker answered that one already...

And it shows a lack of awareness. If you plan on winning, duh, you'r gonna be surrounded by other talented guys.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He could look good in AAU ball but never seemed to put it together in a more structured setting.
Forget all-state. He failed to make all-Cobb County (even as an honorable mention) last year.

The kid I really wanted along with Jose from the NY Rens last year was Jordan Nwora who ended up at L'ville.
He's had a solid if unspectacular FR yr, but i could see his totals being higher at GT than they currently are at L'ville.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes the parents are more difficult to deal with than the kids. The parents just see NBA $ and create conflict with the coaches. Coach K doesn' need to put up with it.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
2 main demands.
If GT signed MJ Walker he would not sign with GT.
Second, he did not want to play at the 4. He and his dad see him as an NBA 3 and wants to play there in college, not at other positions.
Both demands make him look extremely selfish amongst other things. And playing at the 4 and using his quickness to his advantage might actually make him look better especially if he was just trying to bounce to the league. Justice Winslow used that to become a Top 10 pick while not being able to shoot.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Keep in mind how his recruitment flowed. Duke and Syracuse where his 2 dream schools growing up.
it looked like he was likely heading to IND until Crean got fired. At that point GT had been on him for a few months and it looked like GT had a good shot.
Then Syracuse offered and he likely was going to chose them over GT since it was one of his dream schools.
Then Duke offered and he chose Duke over Syracuse.