Jordan Tucker....

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Most shocking news of 2017

source.gif

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Seriously though, can we go ahead and say the only reason they took him was to keep him from us and s'Cuse?

Cautionary tale to these kids ... if Krsjshhski shows up last minute with an offer in hand, it's not 'cause they really want you.
He should have known that already. They already multiple perimeter players coming in and had just missed out on Kevin Knox and Mohammed Bamba. No way that he was a priority. And then they had Reddish committed while going after RJ Barrett and Nassir Little before the season started but Duke was his dream school.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
If Tucker had any illusions that he would get burn this year with Bagley, Trent, Allen and DeLaurier in front of him, I'd like some of what he smokes.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely could have gotten PT at his runner up school that only has 7 scholarship players available... Syracuse.

Definitely could have gotten PT at his 3rd choice school that only has 7 scholarship players available... Georgia Tech.

I am still glad he chose Duke.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I hope the ACC transfer policy holds so he doesn't land at Cuse or GT.

K and Boeheim are good friends. I don't think K fears Boeheim/Cuse nor GT, so I don't think that was his motivation in taking Tucker. It was probably more like, "who's best available to fill out the roster, knowing we can cut sit the players who don't do well during the try out and encourage them to transfer?"

Tucker didn't even play during several garbage time games this year. K put in walk-ons ahead of him. At least that's what I gleaned from the Cuse board once the transfer rumors started a month or so ago.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
If Tucker had any illusions that he would get burn this year with Bagley, Trent, Allen and DeLaurier in front of him, I'd like some of what he smokes.
True but DeLaurier didn't play last year really and Bagley was a 2018 recruit and nobody spoke of him reclassifying until well into the summer.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
The ACC intra-conference transfer policy basically precludes him from his 2nd and 3rd choices at this stage. Call me cynical, but I figured that was K's primary motive when he swooped in at the last minute.

Cynical!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He would've played major minutes.

I disagree. He would have probably played more minutes at GT than at Duke, but I never saw what why he was a 4 star recruit. Known for his shooting, he didn't shoot the ball well at all at the HS level, and there was no part of his game that said "ACC". Looked the part though...6'7 guy with a college body. Saw him play in person twice, and I was kinda shocked that GT was going that hard after him.

IMO, he would have have been another Alston type player. Haywood, Alvarado, and Wright would have made more of an impact as TFr than Tucker.