Jordan Domineck Pass Rush

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Told you guys...the DEs are playing well. Some of them are close to making big plays regularly...they're just a step away.

Watch the tape and see how close our guys are getting. Progress comes increments...be patient. We're gonna see a LOT more backfield plays the back half of the schedule.

Marco Coleman is working his magic.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Told you guys...the DEs are playing well. Some of them are close to making big plays regularly...they're just a step away.

Watch the tape and see how close our guys are getting. Progress comes increments...be patient. We're gonna see a LOT more backfield plays the back half of the schedule.

Marco Coleman is working his magic.
super reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I remember during the recruiting stage for JD I pegged him for a DE on this level:

After watching a few App State games to look at CNW's personnel and how each position plays, there's nothing on Jordan's tape that says he's an OLB. Unless CNW thinks he can take Jordan's skillset and have him turn into a space player that can cover skill players, I just don't see OLB. He's a 3-4 DE all the way. CNW's 3-4 isn't about DE's eating blockers, his entire DL from DT to DE are about getting off blocks and making plays while maintaining gap responsiblities. This isn't Al Groh's 3-4 where big bodies in the trenches are basically human shields for the LBs.

Back to Jordan's tape. This guy is EXPLOSIVE. He's eating lunch in the backfield, and his closing speed is pretty impressive. Looking at Jaquan Griffin's tape and now Jordan's tape, one thing is certain: CNW wants guys who can make OLs look like swinging doors, and he wants guys who consistently make plays in the backfield. You have to have a quick first step, and have great short space quickness. Jordan has these attributes in bunches. One thing I look for when watching film is if you can spot who the recruit is without the recruit being identified. In this case, easily.

If we can sign him, his tape is easily one of the more impressive highlights I've seen from CPJ's DE recruits.

Obviously, Nate Woody is no longer here, and it's a different scheme, but JD is eating at DE...as I predicted. :)

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Marco Coleman has been the steal of the staff. After years of struggling defensive lines, this year's DL actually looks like our strongest unit on that side of the ball. Guys like Yondjouen, Ryans, Domineck, etc. have really developed nicely under him and are receiving national praise/accolades we haven't seen since Attaochu. Then add in the fact that every top Florida recruit talks about how much they respect Coleman and how he has a major impact on their recruitment, and it's insane the impact he's had for it being his first years coaching at the college level.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Marco Coleman has been the steal of the staff. After years of struggling defensive lines, this year's DL actually looks like our strongest unit on that side of the ball. Guys like Yondjouen, Ryans, Domineck, etc. have really developed nicely under him and are receiving national praise/accolades we haven't seen since Attaochu. Then add in the fact that every top Florida recruit talks about how much they respect Coleman and how he has a major impact on their recruitment, and it's insane the impact he's had for it being his first years coaching at the college level.

Dude carries massive clout.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

He's definitely further along on the college football coaching curve then most in his situation. Of all the coaches that were hired, he was probably the least experienced in terms of actual coaching, and recruiting. Well, he's turned out to be a very good recruiter, and a very good coach. If you watch his most recent interview on GT60, he's becoming more comfortable with his media duties as well.

Credit to CGC for getting Coleman here, and having the foresight to know what a good college level coach and recruiter Coleman could be.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
And remember most of the guys getting snaps on the dline are freshmen and sophomores. I think we could really have a top notch defense in 2 years with one of the top dline in the ACC.

Gonna have to develop some DTs to make this happen. Clemson/ND/uga DLs are good because they have elite pass rushers. They’re dominant because they have elite DTs.

Deleted member 2897

@Cam @Techster @Jacketman99 @slugboy Thanks for brightening my day! Have been almost dreading next Friday. You guys gave me something to look forward to.

Dont dread it, look forward to it! We were in the dumps 2 years ago and CPJ was thinking about quitting. Then we went up to Louisville and against all expectations scored on every possession. They’re a better team than Syracuse, but they’ve only beaten Western Kentucky in a squeaker. So they have those seeds of doubt in their mind of oh no we better not lose to Tech. We can do it!