Johnson Back To Basics

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We need to win more to recruit better and sell more tickets. I'll take 7 completions of 11 attempts for 180 yards and 3 TD's for the win.

I think we are already recruiting better.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
that's an arbitrary number set by the stats people to make sure outliers from 2nd string mop-up duty don't slip into the population. The difference between what TW accomplished and these statistical outliers is that TW's numbers are from the whole game, not just mop-up duty.

This, imo. I think Tevin's career passer rating was like 147 and 3rd in GT history. In 2011 and 2012 combined he averaged ~10.5 attempts a game while the minimum to be ranked is 15/game. During those two years he completed 53% of his passes for 10.2 yards/attempt.

I'm not entirely sure of the argument for 15/game vs 10/game beyond what you're saying, but I still think Tevin doesn't get enough credit among some fans for how well he passed the ball. Also, quite a few of Tevin's incompletions came from dropped passes or passes that otherwise hit the hands of his receivers. I think it was CU 2012 where 5 of his first 6 passes were dropped or mishandled this way.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
This, imo. I think Tevin's career passer rating was like 147 and 3rd in GT history. In 2011 and 2012 combined he averaged ~10.5 attempts a game while the minimum to be ranked is 15/game. During those two years he completed 53% of his passes for 10.2 yards/attempt.

I'm not entirely sure of the argument for 15/game vs 10/game beyond what you're saying, but I still think Tevin doesn't get enough credit among some fans for how well he passed the ball. Also, quite a few of Tevin's incompletions came from dropped passes or passes that otherwise hit the hands of his receivers. I think it was CU 2012 where 5 of his first 6 passes were dropped or mishandled this way.

The biggest improvement in the team since 2012 is the WR group. We are more than 3 deep now at WR (7 quality players) and our 2015 recruits are looking great. This should translate to improvement in passing.