Joe Hamilton will no longer be on tech radio broadcast

Richland County

Jolly Good Fellow
I had a few younger employees from that school in Athens who would always give me grief during the Geoff years. They are young enough to probably have only lived through three losses to us, so they would always talk that talk about how we were irrelevant to them. Well, recently we did a charity event and Mark Richt was there and I asked him in front of these guys who was the biggest rival and he had these guys speechless when he said the same thing. He said “losing to Tech is worse than death. That is precisely why they are our biggest rival.”
He exudes that sentiment on the ACC network. I was happy he left. He had Tech's #. He won a few games against Tech he shouldn't.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
He exudes that sentiment on the ACC network. I was happy he left. He had Tech's #. He won a few games against Tech he shouldn't.
Kirby any better? We've won 1 out of 7 he's coached...and that was the first one. But yeah, Tech should have won in 2006, 2009, and 2013 for sure. I could probably think of others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Kirby any better? We've won 1 out of 7 he's coached...and that was the first one. But yeah, Tech should have won in 2006, 2009, and 2013 for sure. I could probably think of others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Kirby convinced UGA to spend like alabama. They always had players but what kirby did was had them spend on coordinators. He kept monken there despite NFL money calling 4 times, he did what saban did and had extremely high paying Consultant jobs to keep coaches away from other schools while building a stable for when his eventually got poached. Also pushed to make what he was already doing in recruiting legal with regards to contact and recruiting coordinators. On the field Kirby's teams don't do a lot of stuff special. They just do it with the best players available.

Richt was a similar formula but he also did have some creative offenses while he was there. Results are similiar. But how they got there is different. Kirby being a uga grad is able top get things done that "miami guy" couldn't.

Richland County

Jolly Good Fellow
Kirby played there and graduated from there I expect that from a grade A $hit eatter. St Rick is another story. He works for the ACC now show a little class.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Kirby convinced UGA to spend like alabama. They always had players but what kirby did was had them spend on coordinators. He kept monken there despite NFL money calling 4 times, he did what saban did and had extremely high paying Consultant jobs to keep coaches away from other schools while building a stable for when his eventually got poached. Also pushed to make what he was already doing in recruiting legal with regards to contact and recruiting coordinators. On the field Kirby's teams don't do a lot of stuff special. They just do it with the best players available.

Richt was a similar formula but he also did have some creative offenses while he was there. Results are similiar. But how they got there is different. Kirby being a uga grad is able top get things done that "miami guy" couldn't.
Honestly, they were spending on players for more than a decade. The only difference is while now it is via NIL, then it was via duffel bags at Elite camps.

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Joe seemed to shoot himself in the foot with every opportunity he was given by GT Football after his playing days.
Hoping maybe there’s an opportunity sometime in the future with CBK’s staff.
Joe loves GT and needs to be involved in some capacity with GT Athletics.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Joe seemed to shoot himself in the foot with every opportunity he was given by GT Football after his playing days.
Hoping maybe there’s an opportunity sometime in the future with CBK’s staff.
Joe loves GT and needs to be involved in some capacity with GT Athletics.
Idk about that. Dudes almost 50. Time to grow up. He’s a legend and gave a lot to gt but can’t have him constantly embarrassing the program and being a bad influence. I hope he’s done being employed by us.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
There are many others if you go back far enough, back at least to 1971.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I didn't hear the game on radio. what was so obvious to you?
I haven't been able to find the radio recording from that game myself, but from comments I've seen several different places on the internet from people who listened during the broadcast, he seemed under the influence of something and could not put a cohesive thought together.