Joe Hamilton will no longer be on tech radio broadcast

snocap1

Georgia Tech Fan
Joe Hamilton will no longer be on tech radio broadcast. Does anyone have any information on what may have happened?

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Joe Hamilton will no longer be on tech radio broadcast. Does anyone have any information on what may have happened?

The only info I have seen is below in this AJC article. Basically, just an announcement by Dickey Broadcasting that Joe is no longer with the company.

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
Something went down cause Kelly said he doesn’t want to out a personal friend.

IMG_6224.jpeg

slugboy

Staff member
so who is doing it now? Bedford? he's okay I guess.

We should throw the house at Roddy Jones.
I was surprised when I heard Sean Bedford in the booth. He always does a good job, though.

I didn’t mention it before the game, but Chris Cotter was our TV play by play, and for some weird reason we have bad games when he does the call.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
so who is doing it now? Bedford? he's okay I guess.

We should throw the house at Roddy Jones.

Hope everything is ok with Joe. I would think less than 0% chance Roddy would leave his successful ESPN job to do radio color for Tech. I think Bedford does a great job, but I too suspect he is just filling in to help out until a new replacement is found.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I have zero desire to speculate on what happened. I'll just add this:

As GT student, I saw Joe as redshirt freshmen playing for one of the most demanding HCs and OCs at the time. He was roundly booed by our fans, and a LOT of GT fans wanted him benched for the backup. Not only did he continue to battle, but by the time he left GT, he was 2nd in the Heisman finals, and he is probably on GT's Rushmore of football players.

He also battled back from a professional setback years ago when CPJ was here to work his way into the booth. He toiled on radio shows, and did whatever he could to better himself and create a new opportunity for himself.

Whatever is going on with Joe, he'll overcome it and come back. It's who Joe is. I hope, from a personal standpoint, he finds internal peace with whatever he's going through.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Was in Texas after graduation in 69. But in 91 watching Joe Ham verses FSU (which went wall to wall #1 & undefeated ) made my wife an all gt fan. Joe was awesome - few players can see seconds into the future with a never say die 41-35 close game

Wife got his retirement tee shirt and wears it during away games.

She will be praying for Joe.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Was in Texas after graduation in 69. But in 91 watching Joe Ham verses FSU (which went wall to wall #1 & undefeated ) made my wife an all gt fan. Joe was awesome - few players can see seconds into the future with a never say die 41-35 close game

Wife got his retirement tee shirt and wears it during away games.

She will be praying for Joe.
Not to be a jerk, but Shawn Jones was the quarterback in '91 and we played FSU in '92 and Jones was the qb in that game.