Joe Ham on 680 The Fan

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
On a semi-related note: disappointed that GT isn't affiliated with the sports radio station right across the interstate, although they spend alot of time villifying us, and whwn we respond, it's, "oh, you're too sensitive!" Better signal and range though.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
On a semi-related note: disappointed that GT isn't affiliated with the sports radio station right across the interstate, although they spend alot of time villifying us, and whwn we respond, it's, "oh, you're too sensitive!" Better signal and range though.

I have no idea who you are referring to.....

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Most Dwags consider any positive coverage of Tech to be a negative to their own program. Why are you discussing the nerds when you could be slobbering over us?
Apparently the stations have learned that if you talk too much Tech, the teeming hoardes tune out. I had a local radio guy tell me the quickest way to sports radio bankruptcy in Atlanta was to be seen to favor Tech football over UGA. The mutts don't care about hoops so the stations see it as safe to get behind Tech b-ball.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Been away from Atlanta for a while? 92.9 has been around for a few years now.
giphy.gif

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="SolicitorJacket, post: 327896, member: 990"I had a local radio guy tell me the quickest way to sports radio bankruptcy in Atlanta was to be seen to favor Tech football over UGA. The mutts don't care about hoops so the stations see it as safe to get behind Tech b-ball.[/QUOTE]

A few years ago I overheard a guy in a bar say he was a Georgia fan. I said "Georgia's basketball team isn't looking too good this year.' I could have predicted the response. He said, "I just follow the football team."' I responded, "Then you aren't really a Georgia fan, are you?" He just walked off.

Most of those people care nothing about the University of Georgia. They are Georgia football fans, and nothing more. Most GT fans care about the Institute and all that it stands for. There is a huge gap in the perspective between the 2 fan bases.

I remember sitting near a guy at a Georgia-Florida game many years ago who turned out to be a Tech grad. He was pulling for Georgia. That was particularly disgusting. I was courteous to him until I found out he was a Tech grad. An enemy is one thing; a traitor is another.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
A few years ago I overheard a guy in a bar say he was a Georgia fan. I said "Georgia's basketball team isn't looking too good this year.' I could have predicted the response. He said, "I just follow the football team."' I responded, "Then you aren't really a Georgia fan, are you?" He just walked off.

Most of those people care nothing about the University of Georgia. They are Georgia football fans, and nothing more. Most GT fans care about the Institute and all that it stands for. There is a huge gap in the perspective between the 2 fan bases.

I remember sitting near a guy at a Georgia-Florida game many years ago who turned out to be a Tech grad. He was pulling for Georgia. That was particularly disgusting. I was courteous to him until I found out he was a Tech grad. An enemy is one thing; a traitor is another.
giphy.gif

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am a traitor of a different stripe. 2 degrees from UGA and a Tech fan through and through. People do what they do.