Jersey Replicas Surface

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
The Georgia Tech Athletics Facebook page just posted a picture of their shipment of GT replica jerseys that just got in for this season with a big 2 on them.

Anyone else see these? Are these our new uniforms? I think its different from last year's design. However, the numbers still have a gold bubblewrap print... albeit a less-obvious one.

I could be totally wrong. I saw it on Facebook but our buddies over on Stingtalk are already all over it.

http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73057 (pic inside)

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
16569_10151578056966219_163564476_n.jpg

Haha:
Lex Williams I think I just threw up in my mouth. Those are horrible!

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
They're really not that bad! Don't you think? I think less is more and there's not a whole lot going on on these uniforms. Simple is good. Penn State has my favorite uniforms in college football I think. Well not favorite but they're up there.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
They're really not that bad! Don't you think? I think less is more and there's not a whole lot going on on these uniforms. Simple is good. Penn State has my favorite uniforms in college football I think. Well not favorite but they're up there.
Personally, I don't really care all that much about uniforms. I'll like them if the players like them.

On the other hand, I do like Oregon's chrome helmets as well as our previous throwbacks.

Mitch Brown

Georgia Tech Fan
They're way too bland. Like it just seems like there's nothing on the front. If someone was walking down the street in it, I'd have to look real close to know that it's a GT uni.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Good Lord this is horrible, why in the world can nobody see this at the AA? They are running the brand of GT into the ground... This makes us look incompetent to anybody who has a hint of business savvy in them.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Okay, I seriously doubt that this is the design that the team will be wearing this season.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Remember these are replicas. Leave it to Russell to make replicas that don't look like the real thing. From last year
Replica:
thumb.aspx

Real Thing:
USATSI_6637230-675x380.jpg

Font, navy outline, plastic numbers, fit, quality are all different. Just take it as Russell hates our fans more than they hate our players

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
they'll still be more palatable if we win regularly especially if we beat UGA.

True, everyone here I'm sure will agree they could dress like oompa loompas if they want as long as they win football games, and for f***s sake Russell had better make a quality oompa loompa replica jersey