Jersey Replicas Surface

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by gt13, Jul 31, 2013.

1. gt13

gt13 Ramblin' Wreck

The Georgia Tech Athletics Facebook page just posted a picture of their shipment of GT replica jerseys that just got in for this season with a big 2 on them.

Anyone else see these? Are these our new uniforms? I think its different from last year's design. However, the numbers still have a gold bubblewrap print... albeit a less-obvious one.

I could be totally wrong. I saw it on Facebook but our buddies over on Stingtalk are already all over it.

http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73057 (pic inside)

2. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

[​IMG]

Haha:

3. gt13

gt13 Ramblin' Wreck

They're really not that bad! Don't you think? I think less is more and there's not a whole lot going on on these uniforms. Simple is good. Penn State has my favorite uniforms in college football I think. Well not favorite but they're up there.

4. John

Personally, I don't really care all that much about uniforms. I'll like them if the players like them.

On the other hand, I do like Oregon's chrome helmets as well as our previous throwbacks.

5. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

If we win 10 or more games this year, almost everyone will like them!

John likes this.
  6. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Ugly.

7. jchens_GT

jchens_GT Ramblin' Wreck

If that's what the team will be wearing, then I like last year's design better. And that's a sad, sad statement to make.

8. xenoabe

xenoabe Ramblin' Wreck

Nope, I'll still hate them. People dismiss uniforms as a silly issue but it's becoming a much larger branding issue.

9. Mitch Brown

Mitch Brown Georgia Tech Fan

They're way too bland. Like it just seems like there's nothing on the front. If someone was walking down the street in it, I'd have to look real close to know that it's a GT uni.

10. John

Eric, tell us how you _really_ feel. :dead:

11. GTrob21

GTrob21 Helluva Engineer

Good Lord this is horrible, why in the world can nobody see this at the AA? They are running the brand of GT into the ground... This makes us look incompetent to anybody who has a hint of business savvy in them.

12. John

Okay, I seriously doubt that this is the design that the team will be wearing this season.

13. PowderSpringsJacket88

PowderSpringsJacket88 Helluva Engineer Retired Staff

Really don't like them. Reminds me of HS uniforms.

14. GTJason

GTJason Helluva Engineer

Remember these are replicas. Leave it to Russell to make replicas that don't look like the real thing. From last year
    Replica: [​IMG]
    Real Thing: [​IMG]

Font, navy outline, plastic numbers, fit, quality are all different. Just take it as Russell hates our fans more than they hate our players

15. xenoabe

xenoabe Ramblin' Wreck

Both look like garbage.

16. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

they'll still be more palatable if we win regularly especially if we beat UGA.

GTJason likes this.
  17. gt13

gt13 Ramblin' Wreck

Goodness look at those replicas from last year. . .

18. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

19. texasjacket

texasjacket Ramblin' Wreck

It is no longer the off season, no more uniform threads.

20. GTJason

GTJason Helluva Engineer

True, everyone here I'm sure will agree they could dress like oompa loompas if they want as long as they win football games, and for f***s sake Russell had better make a quality oompa loompa replica jersey

gt13 likes this.