Jerry Howard transferring out

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I like to think of what might have been …

Mills plays until he's a junior and got pro. Then we see a battle royal between Benson, Howard, and Mason for BB, with the number three moving to AB as the Cox/Allen/Perkins back (Benson, I'd bet; quicker). And we get two more years of good RBs. For the spread option, that is. It would have been fun to watch that competition.

Thanks for all your efforts for us, Jerry, and I'll remember that rock 'em - sock 'em running style of yours for a long time.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You do realize theres much more to it than simply, "roster turnover," correct?
Right. In addition to roster turnover, the new kids have to have a chance to be here long enough to have grown and developed into upperclassmen. That's why anyone who is expecting miracles by Year 3 or Year 4 are oblivious to the reality of a system change. I think the number of transfers will speed this up, so I expect to see much better action Year 4. Year 3 (especially since Year 2 was the Covid debacle) will be gravy if we do well in the win/loss columns.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They have a better chance at starting when competing with lower rated recruits at a new school. They have also had good coaching. A change can also renew motivation.