Jared Ivey has entered the transfer portal

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
It seems that 300# is the minimum standard for linemen these days. A good friend of mine was the starting center at U Tennessee in 1970 and weighed 250. That was considered big back then. He now weighs about 185 and plays a lot of tennis.
Tech had like 3 guys over 200 around that time Rock was one.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Rock played at about 240 if I remember but against teams like Notre Dame he was beating guys that were 40-50 pounds heavier. That guy could get leverage being 5’11”.
I have a friend who played high school football in the early 1970s in DeKalb County. His father was on the 1952 national championship team and managed to wrangle a sideline pass for his son. My friend spent most of the game watching Smylie Gebhardt and Rock Perdoni. He said that what struck him about both of them was how quick they were. Their foot speed was such that holes that appeared to be open for a moment closed with in the blink of an eye. Besides quick, Rock was fast for a lineman and relentless. A well deserved All American playing for Bud Carson.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I have a friend who played high school football in the early 1970s in DeKalb County. His father was on the 1952 national championship team and managed to wrangle a sideline pass for his son. My friend spent most of the game watching Smylie Gebhardt and Rock Perdoni. He said that what struck him about both of them was how quick they were. Their foot speed was such that holes that appeared to be open for a moment closed with in the blink of an eye. Besides quick, Rock was fast for a lineman and relentless. A well deserved All American playing for Bud Carson.
One of my all time favorite Jackets.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Have a buddy from Mississippi that came out to ski with his brothers and one works for the Ole Miss athletic department. I brought up Jared Ivey and he said that he’s a part of the “blank program”. Blank as in I can’t remember the name.

I asked what that was and he said it was their new NIL fund. He said to one of his other brothers. “He’s getting paid!” I know it’s not really that news breaking because once you see the Maserati picture ya kinda know, right?

May try to dig a little deeper tomorrow. Will report back if I can get some more details.

The gap will continue to widen without drastic measures.