Jamey Chadwell's success at Liberty

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Liberty is 10-0 right now. TEN wins. ZERO losses ... (including a win over Bowling Green last week) ... all of which goes right along with past success.
I like Key. I'm pulling hard for him. I see reasons for optimism. Yet, I also regret not hiring Chadwell. Is it possible to have both of those feelings ... apparently so.
It’s hard to judge coaches outside the power 5 conferences. Ga Tech hired a dude Geoff Collins that was winning a lot of football games at Temple and he was a disaster. Va Tech tried hiring a coach from a smaller conference where the dude did really good but turned out to be a disaster. Coaching at Liberty ain’t the same competition as coaching at Ga Tech where you especially have to do everything right to win and keep the team bowling every year. I wouldn’t touch one of them coaches unless they’ve coached the big dawgs and had had success. It’s a different animal coaching in the power 5 conferences. I know we’ve only won 5 games but you can see on the field how much better and prepared Ga Tech is since Brent Key took over. I believe we’re in the right hands with Key we just gotta give the man time to fix the defense.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Who fkng cares? We here now.
If the topic is not interesting to you, wouldn't it be easier to ignore it?

As it is, you've now wasted time 1) reading the thread, 2) posting in the thread, and 3) reading my response to your post.

For example, I ignore all the threads about uniforms (talk about who cares!). But we all have some things that interest us more than others.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
What! You clearly don’t know how fan mojo works! Your thought that this taboo discussion topic can’t impact the outcome of a critical 6th win potential game is not only dangerous, you had the audacity to put it in print for god and everyone to see. You better kiss a frog and bury a dead possum under a full moon or we’ll know for sure who is to blame if things go wrong Saturday.
TFG?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If the topic is not interesting to you, wouldn't it be easier to ignore it?

As it is, you've now wasted time 1) reading the thread, 2) posting in the thread, and 3) reading my response to your post.

For example, I ignore all the threads about uniforms (talk about who cares!). But we all have some things that interest us more than others.

But then how would I keep my post count up? Gotta give the fans what they want. :sneaky:

If I ignored all the ridiculous threads and comments around here, I'd never be aroun... aha! Just like that, your evil plan materializes.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
But then how would I keep my post count up? Gotta give the fans what they want. :sneaky:

If I ignored all the ridiculous threads and comments around here, I'd never be aroun... aha! Just like that, your evil plan materializes.
Why, why, why are you always one step ahead of the rest of us?

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
It’s hard to judge coaches outside the power 5 conferences. Ga Tech hired a dude Geoff Collins that was winning a lot of football games at Temple and he was a disaster. Va Tech tried hiring a coach from a smaller conference where the dude did really good but turned out to be a disaster. Coaching at Liberty ain’t the same competition as coaching at Ga Tech where you especially have to do everything right to win and keep the team bowling every year. I wouldn’t touch one of them coaches unless they’ve coached the big dawgs and had had success. It’s a different animal coaching in the power 5 conferences. I know we’ve only won 5 games but you can see on the field how much better and prepared Ga Tech is since Brent Key took over. I believe we’re in the right hands with Key we just gotta give the man time to fix the defense.
I agree. "All that glitters is not gold".
We have the right man for the arduous task of bringing GT back to relevance in college football.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

🤣

Well played!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
The actual quotation from Tolkien is "All that is gold does not glitter". That pretty much means the opposite of what you are saying. :)
Ha ha! Not quoting Tolkein, paraphrasing Shakespeare:

"All that glitters is not gold" is an aphorism stating that not everything that looks precious or true turns out to be so. While early expressions of the idea are known from at least the 12th–13th century, the current saying is derived from a 16th-century line by William Shakespeare, "All that glisters is not gold". Wikipedia

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Look really closely, and you’ll notice he’s walking backwards.

Post Something GIF

This was funny. Well done. :cool:

Diabolical. The compliment makes me question whether I hate you or not. But I guess that's your plan all along, isn't it?

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The only real remedy for our defense is more depth and more talent especially in the front 7. These linebackers are the worst in living memory. We are giving up 32 points a game. Hard to win games at that rate. Fixing this will take time.