James Graham??

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
For me it is debatable until I see what they can do on the field under pressure....(is that what you meant?)
And read defenses to put the ball where it needs to go. They all will need time for the patterns to develop.

Ga tech

Georgia Tech Fan
Put it this way, I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited about a qb room than I have over this one.
No, the QB’s who looked ok in the 3rd & 4th quarters last season were playing against 2nd & 3rd stringers because we were blown out in the first half. If our QB’s were facing opponents starters all game long you would not be excited about this season.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
No, the QB’s who looked ok in the 3rd & 4th quarters last season were playing against 2nd & 3rd stringers because we were blown out in the first half. If our QB’s were facing opponents starters all game long you would not be excited about this season.
Because of the QB's or because of their OC?

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Seems hard to believe that Tucker has made such an impression that he can beat out a higher rated freshman, and last years starter without having a Spring practice or starting Fall practice yet.

The sample size is definitely small and I doubt the competition is over. It would have been nice to see a spring game. The only comment I heard from the limited spring was sims tended to hold the ball too long, and Tucker seemed to be more decisive in his reads. I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to transition to the speed of the college game and not escaping pressure as easily as one did in high school.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is just comical. We had no QB play last season. The first two we tried fell flat on their face. The third one showed signs and threw a great deep ball and our stud freshman WR helped. But most above average high school QB‘s can throw deep balls. The 4th QB who got playing time showed a little bit in very limited play. But I saw nothing that showed any one QB earned a starting job in 2020. It’s wide open as it should be. I fully expect whichever QB doesn’t make dumb plays and knows the progressions will win the job. That’s all we need from a freshman or sophomore QB. We have offensive weapons but we have to do a little more than send Brown deep every 4th play. As a South Georgia boy I’m rooting for Graham but I honestly think that Yates and Gleason will prove to be the most prepared.

Jolly Good Fellow
Graham is back on campus BTW, he posted his negative Covid result on Instagram and posted himself in the team room

the man’s an open book on social media!
I like JG better and
This is just comical. We had no QB play last season. The first two we tried fell flat on their face. The third one showed signs and threw a great deep ball and our stud freshman WR helped. But most above average high school QB‘s can throw deep balls. The 4th QB who got playing time showed a little bit in very limited play. But I saw nothing that showed any one QB earned a starting job in 2020. It’s wide open as it should be. I fully expect whichever QB doesn’t make dumb plays and knows the progressions will win the job. That’s all we need from a freshman or sophomore QB. We have offensive weapons but we have to do a little more than send Brown deep every 4th play. As a South Georgia boy I’m rooting for Graham but I honestly think that Yates and Gleason will prove to be the most prepared.
THIS! I like JG...seems like great kid... hope he comes out in game 1 and goes all "Joe Hamilton" on everybody...but I like Sims........OK ..I like Yates and and Gleason, too... JG did not have 2019 season to inspire confidence that he is "the man"......FWIW...Anybody, including Daryle Lamonica, can drop back and throw it 50 yds downfield.....

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Gleason completed 55% of his passes last year with 6 TDS and 8 INTs at the high school level. He had very little time in the spring to show anything and no time in the fall so far. Again, where is this, I feel like Gleason is going to win the job as a true freshman talk coming from? Someone help me understand.
His high school teams offensive deficiencies from last year were pretty well documented. I tend to fall in the Graham/Yates boat but would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Gleason completed 55% of his passes last year with 6 TDS and 8 INTs at the high school level. He had very little time in the spring to show anything and no time in the fall so far. Again, where is this, I feel like Gleason is going to win the job as a true freshman talk coming from? Someone help me understand.

Yes, Gleason had a rough senior season. Apparently he had a worse performing offensive line than tech had last year. I’m keeping his senior year in mind but not forgetting his junior year:

2001 yds passing, 27 TDs, 9 Ints. 59.3%
1097 yds rushing, 13 TDs

bos

Helluva Engineer
By several accounts, Sims didn't look very good in the shortened spring practice. However, in the spring the QBs are non-contact which is where Sims excels. He is a run-first kind of QB who has a cannon for an arm. All these pundits who want to make a little money with their opinions because they saw two practices of a freshman QB before their HS prom will be proven wrong.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
There's not a guy in the QB room where I would say "this season has gone completely sideways if X is playing." That being said, I think some are undervaluing experience. It can be huge for these young QB's. Time with coaches, time with teammates, developing that trust with OL, all these matter. It was noted that part of the reason Yates stayed with Tech after CGC was hired was the similarities in the new offense to what he ran in high school. At least game 1, starter will be Graham or Yates.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
There's not a guy in the QB room where I would say "this season has gone completely sideways if X is playing." That being said, I think some are undervaluing experience. It can be huge for these young QB's. Time with coaches, time with teammates, developing that trust with OL, all these matter. It was noted that part of the reason Yates stayed with Tech after CGC was hired was the similarities in the new offense to what he ran in high school. At least game 1, starter will be Graham or Yates.
Graham might start at WR/HB but not QB