James Graham??

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
My money is on tucker or Jeff sims. Feel like tucker has a better arm then Jeff but Jeff can run better then tucker so it’s just a toss up for who wins the job.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
My money is on tucker or Jeff sims. Feel like tucker has a better arm then Jeff but Jeff can run better then tucker so it’s just a toss up for who wins the job.

better arm meaning?
Sims arm is significantly stronger than Gleasons.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Fall practice hasn’t started so all this is based off a reporters speculation.
Tucker has reportedly studied the offense greatly during the break.

And that same reporter made some specific statements about who the best QB in actual practice was last year. That didn't pan out on the field in games.

That same reporter made remarks about the backup under JT5 was going to be the starter in 2017, it was his job to lose.

I think that reporter says a lot of things on his pay site that are opinion. On that pay site, he will tell you when he is stating fact that he got from a source. I think many people just mistake his opinions and observations as factual reporting about what the team is going to do.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
And that same reporter made some specific statements about who the best QB in actual practice was last year. That didn't pan out on the field in games.

That same reporter made remarks about the backup under JT5 was going to be the starter in 2017, it was his job to lose.

I think that reporter says a lot of things on his pay site that are opinion. On that pay site, he will tell you when he is stating fact that he got from a source. I think many people just mistake his opinions and observations as factual reporting about what the team is going to do.
Yup, this looks like another case of people buying into his opinion.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the same place that crowned Yates the starter last year as a freshman and Vad Lee as a heisman candidate so yeah...

as for my prediction.

1. Graham / Yates
2. Sims / Tucker

True Freshman QB’s that rise to the top are rare.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I doubt anything has been settled since we have only had a few practices. I highly doubt in that time a true freshman has had time to separate himself. With the loss of spring and summer it is unlikely you will see a true freshman starting game 1 in my opinion. However that could change during the course of the season. I honestly think they both will play some but redshirt.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I doubt anything has been settled since we have only had a few practices. I highly doubt in that time a true freshman has had time to separate himself. With the loss of spring and summer it is unlikely you will see a true freshman starting game 1 in my opinion. However that could change during the course of the season. I honestly think they both will play some but redshirt.

Has full contact begin yet? Hard to see any position being settled without full contact, live action practices. EVERYONE looks good in shorts...the real players come out when you starting knocking helmets.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
It'd be a mistake for the coaching staff to tell anyone (at this point) that they have been beaten out for a position. If they have never, or will never, see the field it is one thing to set expectations that it might not happen, but Graham should be considered the starter until someone beats him out. I'm very high on the new guys coming in but they haven't shown anything at the college level yet.