James Graham Instagram Story with Money

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
facepalm.gif

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Please stahhp.

ETA: I considered going to an HBCU but then I saw my friends at Morehouse had to pay their own cable and phone bills, had substandard everything else dorm-wise.

That's the type of thing he's probably referring to although his post sounds incendiary ... even though it's probably not ... which is why we shouldn't go down this road.

Same reason top recruits (black, white, latino, Samoan, etc.) don't go to the ivys.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
See below, but this is most likely what he was referring to...

Public Athletic Scholarships

HBCUs are traditionally underfunded, so better prospects for sports scholarships for student-athletes may be found from public institutions classified as historically black. For instance, Florida A&M University, a public institution and a MEAC member school, awarded scholarships to 150 men and 239 women student-athletes; a great majority of these went to black students. Public HBCU institutions include Alabama State University, Alabama A&M University, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, Delaware State University, University of the District of Columbia, Albany State University, Fort Valley State University, Savannah State University, Kentucky State University, Grambling State University, Southern University A&M College, Southern University at New Orleans, Bowie State University, Coppin State College, Alcorn State University, Mississippi Valley State University, North Carolina Central University, Winston-Salem State University, Langston University, South Carolina State University and Tennessee State University.

https://pocketsense.com/hbcu-sports-scholarships-7834274.html

LibertyTurns

Banned
It’s really a shame the HBCU’s have been underfunded to the degree they have. I was not really even aware they existed until I went to GT and never visited one other than socially until a business visit to Hampton and later Florida A&M while I served in the Navy.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
For what it’s worth, when met Jaytlin Askew at last year’s Fan Day I asked him why more McEachern recruits don’t choose nearby Tech? He said something like, “I don’t know but I came here mostly because of a Ajani [Kerr] since we were friends at McEachern” FWIW.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is why we can't compete with the big boys. Their bag men keep things under wraps, meanwhile we're posting on public message boards about it. :banghead:

You obviously haven’t seen the photos like these of most of bamas players. NCAA ain’t snooping around Tuscaloosa.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
For what it’s worth, when met Jaytlin Askew at last year’s Fan Day I asked him why more McEachern recruits don’t choose nearby Tech? He said something like, “I don’t know but I came here mostly because of a Ajani [Kerr] since we were friends at McEachern” FWIW.

FWIW, don't ask a current athlete their honest opinion about GT when they are on scholarship...especially if they're within earshot of staff.

Ask an SA after they've graduated or left school. The answers are more interesting.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
FWIW, don't ask a current athlete their honest opinion about GT when they are on scholarship...especially if they're within earshot of staff.

Ask an SA after they've graduated or left school. The answers are more interesting.

Point taken, but Actually it was at the end of the session and I caught him off by himself. “Hey Jaytlin thanks for coming to Tech! You’re from McEachern right? Lemme Askew a question...”
Again just saying FWIW.

bikeseat

GT Athlete

Funny more people don't realize this....