Jamal Haynes, Singleton & Rutherford (good news)

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for your response, but I never saw anything to indicate he would have thought of leaving. Hell, if they start poaching redshirt freshmen, i'm outa here.
Different Era now. Every player is a possible loss during the 2 Portal Windows. Crazy for sure.

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
Would you prefer not having a reliable kicker?
Just seems odd to me. Kid had a good year, but scolly kickers have been suspect at best for the past decade or so. I'm inclined to believe We'll revert to the mean. Butker the only one I'd spend money on and he was shaky as a frosh.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Just seems odd to me. Kid had a good year, but scolly kickers have been suspect at best for the past decade or so. I'm inclined to believe We'll revert to the mean. Butker the only one I'd spend money on and he was shaky as a frosh.
Kickers are weird. In the NFL theCowboy FG Kicked didn’t play football in College at ND. He played soccer. Played in the MSL for a minute and then kicked in the USFL or whatever the Spring league is now.
As a rookie he is 30 for 30 on FGs and made a 59 & 60 yard FG on Sunday. Of course after his first Miss no telling how that will effect him. Kickers are strange.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I'll never get over Collins ruining Wesley Wells. In CPJ's final season, Wells was 9/9 on FGs, 39/39 on XPs. Between 40-49 yards he was 4/4 (long of 48) so it's not like he was taking chippies.

Collins comes in, Wells loses his spot to Brenton King who was 3/7 on FGs and our kicking game was just attrocious. Wells left the football team the following year and finished school at GT as a regular student. To this day it I still get upset when I think about how Wells was wasted.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I'll never get over Collins ruining Wesley Wells. In CPJ's final season, Wells was 9/9 on FGs, 39/39 on XPs. Between 40-49 yards he was 4/4 (long of 48) so it's not like he was taking chippies.

Collins comes in, Wells loses his spot to Brenton King who was 3/7 on FGs and our kicking game was just attrocious. Wells left the football team the following year and finished school at GT as a regular student. To this day it I still get upset when I think about how Wells was wasted.

Collins really just didn't liek Wesley for some reason. My guess is he questioned the "bulk up no matter what" ****. and clownshow stuff.

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow

Agreed!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Its kind of remarkable how good our field goal kickers have been directly outside of the TFG era. Wesley Wells perfect 9/9 in 2018, then as soon as TFG is gone, Stewart steps in and goes 12/13 on FG in 2022, and this year Birr goes 14/16 on FG.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Its kind of remarkable how good our field goal kickers have been directly outside of the TFG era. Wesley Wells perfect 9/9 in 2018, then as soon as TFG is gone, Stewart steps in and goes 12/13 on FG in 2022, and this year Birr goes 14/16 on FG.
You could pretty much say that almost about any position group outside of the geeoffs era

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Who ruined Gavin Stewart?

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I get upset also. We could have been a 4 win team!