Jamal Haynes, Singleton & Rutherford (good news)

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
As I said earlier I could not be happier these young men are staying at Georgia Tech. I also think it is noteworthy that only five players from GT have entered the portal. Again I think that this points to buy in with the coaches on what they all want to achieve.

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
I cannot wait to see what this offense can do with a full off-season to marinate.

The offensive line made HUGE strides. Both Haynes are coming back. Singleton and Malik are back. Seither is back. It feels good to have optimism for the future! Go Jackets!
Amen to that. The offensive future looks to be dynamic...as in thermodynamic.

CPJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
On offense, our biggest jump will come from a running mate for Singleton Jr. to help stretch the field and/or a good possession TE. Right now teams can just key in on Singleton Jr. a d we become a lot less explosive.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
As I said earlier I could not be happier these young men are staying at Georgia Tech. I also think it is noteworthy that only five players from GT have entered the portal. Again I think that this points to buy in with the coaches on what they all want to achieve.
Worried that the announced defense coaches changes could get more players in the Portal. People are definitly tied to their position coaches and movements can be problematic.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
It feels good that we’re at #40 for total yards per game. It feels erotic that almost EVERYONE is coming back.
Especially excited for Jamal Haynes getting an off-season training for his actual position. If he isn’t already NFL caliber, I think that will be the talk in 2024.
The O-line also really started to shove people around later in the season. Man… This offense is going to dangerous. I think we’re in for a treat.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Rutherford is one of the players I thought might move on. There have been games where he was openly frustrated about not getting the ball.

I'm glad he's staying. He's going to be VERY good for this offense next year.

Part of me wonders if Nate McCollum looks at our offense this season and thinks, "Man, I really should have stayed." He didn't put up the same kind of numbers at UNC that he did at GT with a terrible QB situation. He probably would have been WR1 for us even with Singleton.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Rutherford is one of the players I thought might move on. There have been games where he was openly frustrated about not getting the ball.

I'm glad he's staying. He's going to be VERY good for this offense next year.

Part of me wonders if Nate McCollum looks at our offense this season and thinks, "Man, I really should have stayed." He didn't put up the same kind of numbers at UNC that he did at GT with a terrible QB situation. He probably would have been WR1 for us even with Singleton.
Malik did feel underutilized, but at the same time Singleton is just THAT good. I would argue Malik looks better at weaving through defenders with the ball in his hands. But singleton looks better for catching on the run, jump balls, and top end speed.
It was almost funny how obvious the plan started to feel on 3rd and long, yet more often than not they couldn’t stop it. Not many guys are that kind of problem.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
It almost seemed like Haynes forgot about Rutherford after the UNC game and just focused on Singleton
I don't think he forgot about him, he just started going to Singleton even more. Malik caught the 2nd most passes in every game the 2nd half of the season, and was 1st or 2nd most in every game in the first half of the season. As much of a home run threat as Singleton is, I think King started focusing on him a little too much, when spreading the ball around more evenly makes everyone that much more effective imo. And ultimately, Singleton only caught 3 more passes on the season than Malik, 47 vs 44.