Jamal Golden now a GA at Georgia Southern

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Staff Directory
image_handler.aspx

Jamal Golden
Graduate Assistant

Former Georgia Tech defensive back Jamal Golden joined the Georgia Southern football staff as a graduate assistant in 2017. The Wetumpka, Alabama, native earned third-team All-ACC honors as a junior and tallied five career interceptions.

As a senior, Golden started all 12 games at strong safety and led all defensive backs with 64 tackles, including 45 solo tackles. He had four pass break-ups and one interception and returned 18 kicks for 359 yards and 16 punts for 161 yards. As a sophomore, he returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown against North Carolina.

While on The Flats, Golden participated in five bowl games, including the Orange Bowl as a junior, where he recorded eight tackles, including seven solo, and forced fumble in Tech’s 49-34 win over Mississippi State. He also was a part of two Sun Bowl and a Music City Bowl team.

Following completion of his collegiate career, he signed a free agent deal with the New Orleans Saints.

Golden graduated prior to his senior year of football with a degree in business administration.

http://gseagles.com/staff.aspx?staff=370

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who knows Jamal knows this is the most logical next step in his career. I've been around a lot of high-performance athletes (at Tech and otherwise), and I've never met a bigger film junkie than Jamal Golden.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I've always wondered what Jamal could have done at QB. Remember, he was Alabama's Gatorade Player of the Year and Alabama's Mr. Football playing QB in High School. That was playing in the same district as JeT. Golden put up some terrific numbers at QB. He was obviously supremely athletic, and was gifted with the ball in his hands as his career as a returner showed.

Of course, JeT had a pretty nice career at QB (arguably one of the best QBs to have played for CPJ) while both him and Golden were at GT.