Jalen Johnson Cleared

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
He will likely do some community service, pay a fine, and probably be on probation for a year (which means random drug and alcohol testing), but that's about it. Kicking him off the team for that seems extreme.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Let's wait til we get more details before passing judgment.

Will be interesting to see the coverage from the ajc who largely ignores us. Kinda cute of them to put the bright red, BREAKING NEWS banner on every page.

I got arrested one night at PI KAP house for slapping a beer out of guys hand. I was charged with simple battery written a citation and was on my way. Charges later got dropped. Nothing big here.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If it was domestic violence it would be charged that way. Simple battery could be as simple as spitting on someone

Unless he was married to, living with, or previously lived with the alleged victim then there would not be a family violence component to the charge. That doesnt tell us it was a bf / gf thing, but it doesnt rule it out either.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
My guess, and it's a guess, is that he got into an altercation at a frat house. That's the only arrest last night. Probably over a beer, his girl, or someone dissing the team.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
All it takes is a finger into someones chest and you have committed simple battery.
In most cases, simple battery will result in a criminal misdemeanor charge. It can result in small fine, and/or a jail sentence (ne year max.) Usually be expunged from the person’s criminal record after some time, and after they have fully completed their sentencing terms.