Jalen Camp out for season

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Injuries are no excuse. Whatsoever. Didn't we learn that from the 2015 season?

Also, the three now lost to season-ending injuries really don't matter very much, right? They were CPJ recruits, after all. Good heavens, CPJ "stole" Lee from Louisiana-Monroe or some such lower-tier program. No biggie. Perhaps they will provide a little depth for the dynamic junk-drawer pro-ish spread offense in 2020.

On a slightly less snarky and more serious note, here's hoping all three do come back strong next season for that meat-grinder of a schedule.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
We forget that CGC and CBK worked for the master of the grey shirt over in Alabama. WILL the seniors WANT to come back? If they graduate and don't want to do grad school at Tech, the door is wide open for them to start the real world. We act like all these seniors are All-American first rounders.

Once you past the age of 18, life comes at you fast and hard. Just tap the brakes and see how things fall once December gets here.
I hate to see us do it but I hate being 1-11 more. Best I remember ( and that could be wrong as I have killed many brain cells drinking) we only had 13 seniors so they had to have a plan on who they will tell they won't see the field I hope they find them a place to go.

Connor

Georgia Tech Fan
... WILL the seniors WANT to come back? If they graduate and don't want to do grad school at Tech, the door is wide open for them to start the real world. We act like all these seniors are All-American first rounders.

Once you past the age of 18, life comes at you fast and hard. Just tap the brakes and see how things fall once December gets here.

This is a really good point- depending on your major, WHY would you want to tack on a 5th year of Tech for another grinding season. To each their own, but unless there's a true opportunity for the NFL, I would move on.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Just thought of this, with now potentially 2-3 seniors redshirting to come back next year due to injury, how many recruits left do we have open?
We might be over 90 counting the current commits. But there are some guys that are not getting much PT and may opt to move on. The only thing that concerns me is there might be some pretty good linemen at other schools that enter the Transfer Portal. Georgia is overloaded with linemen that might think about GT. GT would be a pretty good team to transfer to next year for most guys around the south.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
source.gif

In all seriousness, speedy recovery to everyone

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Jalen has been dealing with nagging injuries all year and was the reason he was held out of a lot of the scrimmages including the ones open to the public. He has been catching everything the last 2 games and playing well. As a true senior he is going to take the redshirt, heal all the way up and come back next year with a more developed team and make a bag in his NFL year.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
could he bulk up to play tight end?
bulk up? If you mean go from 3% body fat to 2% maybe lol.

I think he would be a good TE because of his blocking but I don't think he is lanky enough to be a NFL TE.

He is Anquan Boldin 2.0 all the way. Post up and get the contested catch 11 out of 10 times.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
That really hurts. Losing OLs is tough, but we have the prospect of some coming back in a couple of weeks and others developing. Losing our best WR after the best game of his career is double plus ungood. I hope Camp comes back and I bet the staff does too. He's a pretty fair WR.

Bad news = we don't have anyone who can replace him. I suppose that Davis could move to WR, but we probably can't do without him at TE.