Was this a catch?

• Catch

Votes: 84 71.2%
  • No Catch

Votes: 34 28.8%

• Total voters

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
On the replay, I see the receiver running into to the DB who puts up his hands to protect himself. I think it was the back judge that through the flag.

Huh? Lynch is going to the sideline and the DB has inside leverage and they collide. The DB clearly gets his hands up and extends his arms, Lynch is only looking for the ball. I'm not sure it's DPI, but it certainly ain't OPI.

"Each player has territorial rights, and incidental contact is ruled under “attempt to reach…the pass’’ in Rule 7-3-8. If opponents who are beyond the line collide while moving toward the pass, a foul by one or both RULE 7 / SNAPPING AND PASSING THE BALL FR-79 players occurs only if intent to impede the opponent is obvious. It is pass interference only if a catchable forward pass is involved."

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Nope, but some silver lining - if it's gonna be a rainbow, I'm glad it was only catchable by our guy. No way that could have been intercepted.
Right and that's why it was a decent - not great - throw. He had to put some air under it to make sure that Camp had a chance, given the coverage.

And I voted no catch. It was too close to argue. The real question is, I think, did Camp have full possession before his foot came down out of bounds. It is very hard to tell from the film. That he lands with the ball caught isn't dispositive if his foot came down out before he had full control. Something like this is going to go with the field call every time.