Jahmyr Gibbs IS WARMING UP ON THE FIELD IN TALLAHASSEE

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This is all so stupid. These kids won’t have anything more than a sore throat, and they’re going to miss out on playing after working their tails off all off season.
Don't be obtuse. He's also around coaches, staff, and others that are much older and more at risk. If he has been exposed, he needs to isolate for the good of everyone around him. This type of comment is why Covid19 will be relevant until there is a widespread vaccine. Oh, and although the risk may be low, there is still a risk that either he or someone he exposes himself to has an adverse reaction and gets really sick.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
How long does it take after exposure before a person is spreading from their own infection? I would think if they tested negative last night and this morning, the likelihood they are actually positive and capable of transmitting the virus seems extraordinarily low.

How is it being handled? Are players being tested pregame at all?

I don't know the protocol they came up with, would have to look it up specifically.

A precise answer to your question is unknown, but a close answer is also stretching my knowledge. But yeah you need enough viral shedding to be communicable, and you need enough viral shedding to detect it on a test. But it you're tested negative on Saturday and positive on Sunday, at what exact time were you at risk of spreading it? Who knows. There are people that have more expertise than me to guess better, but if no one can be certain the answer is no risk, then you have to have a more conservative strategy. There are also false negatives, but determining how many is quite hard since RT-PCR is the gold standard. All you can do is reference tests to each other and look at epidemiologic data.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
I think is speak for everyone when I say we should stop making so many assumptions about Gibbs if he didn’t travel. I’m not trying to be rude, but please just don’t post unless you have a legitimate source
Fair enough criticism. I have a legitimate source but all sources have been incorrect at some time. If I'm wrong, I apologize. We'll soon see.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
3B8356B5-F8AC-4112-9FB2-26C58CB1A1C7.jpeg

here’s Gibbs. Let’s all get ready for kickoff.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
This is all so stupid. These kids won’t have anything more than a sore throat, and they’re going to miss out on playing after working their tails off all off season.

surely you understand it’s contagious? The most dangerous positive test is one that’s asymptomatic. a portion of the population isn’t showing symptoms, and they’re fine, the risk is that the person spreads it to people that are at risk.