Jahaziel Lee

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The one thing nobody can deny, because it is plainly right there on the vid, is that he is faster off the snap than the rest. That is a great place to start. If you are wondering, that is the same trait Shaq displayed very early on in his career. Just saying. Obviously there is a lot of water yet to go under the bridge, but the kid is quick and fast.

Man, I really thought you were going to say he's a jolly good fellow that nobody can deny.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Interesting tape.
1. typical ineffectivedive block 2.wow, he is quick after snap 3.that is how you cut legs 4. that is how you "mop-up" not bypass a guy 5. attack even on pass
I've got to admit that I wondered about him on OL as his tape was mostly Def as I recall,,he must have gained some weight over 267 listed, the guy is mobile

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting tape.
1. typical ineffectivedive block 2.wow, he is quick after snap 3.that is how you cut legs 4. that is how you "mop-up" not bypass a guy 5. attack even on pass
I've got to admit that I wondered about him on OL as his tape was mostly Def as I recall,,he must have gained some weight over 267 listed, the guy is mobile

On 1, that is better than you think... If you reroute or slow you can win. That block is better than the miss.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
When we offered this guy I thought it was to help bring DC on board since he was from Louisiana. Never would've imagined he'd be playing so much already.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
When Klock gets healthy, we'll have a nice 4 man rotation at tackle with him, Lee, Marshall and Fromayan. We should be able to keep fresh legs in there all game long. At guard its a 3 man game with Will, Shamire and Parker. Burden is the lone wolf warrior at center, God bless him.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
When Lee committed I honestly thought like @Yaller Jacket said, this was a desperation fill in and may would help get Lil Campbell to come to Tech but he looks like he's gonna be a strong contributor for us.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
AJC: Jahaziel Lee enjoying move to offensive line
“I would never thought that I would love playing offensive line, but I love it, I really do,” Lee said. “It’s just kind of like playing defense, you get to smack somebody in the mouth, and then at the end of the day, you’re scoring touchdowns. It’s good to make a block and you see the running back hitting the hole for a touchdown and running down the field and celebrating going to sidelines.”

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Hate looking ahead to next year, but with the young guys we have on offense it is interesting to speculate. Assuming no one leaves the school to pursue their art career, our offensive line should be:
LT - Jahaziel Lee, Eason Fromayan
LG - Parker Braun, Will Bryan
C - Andrew Marshall, Kenny Cooper
RG - Shamire Devine, Brad Morgan
RT - Trey Klock, Jake Stickler

Of course, we can do some shuffling around. That'd also be 2 seniors, a junior, and 2 sophomore, which is a good mix. If Jahaziel shows the same explosiveness after gaining 25 pounds, he'll be a starter next year for sure. But let's see how he stacks up against better defensive lines and linebackers.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Hate looking ahead to next year, but with the young guys we have on offense it is interesting to speculate. Assuming no one leaves the school to pursue their art career, our offensive line should be:

Of course, we can do some shuffling around. That'd also be 2 seniors, a junior, and 2 sophomore, which is a good mix. If Jahaziel shows the same explosiveness after gaining 25 pounds, he'll be a starter next year for sure. But let's see how he stacks up against better defensive lines and linebackers.

Yet our D will still be out D.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Cpj likes cooper a lot, I think he will end up being the starter at center.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Cpj likes cooper a lot, I think he will end up being the starter at center.
I know he likes him but he's only played in one game. Just a guess on my part but if Morgan plays good at OG in the spring I think Will and Cooper we fight it out in spring for center , I think Marshall will stay at OT for depth . ( as you can see I have no idea )

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I know he likes him but he's only played in one game. Just a guess on my part but if Morgan plays good at OG in the spring I think Will and Cooper we fight it out in spring for center , I think Marshall will stay at OT for depth . ( as you can see I have no idea )
I believe WB stays at guard because Will's left handed

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
But we really need a guy with his kind of explosiveness off the snap on the DL. It seems that if a guy is an "or" guy and he's really good, PJ gets him on O. (Shaq)

IMO OL all the way. Look at his body then Cerge-H and Glanton's bodies. Those guys are war daddies. Lee is not. His HS DL film not great either. He's agile but more going N/S than E/W.

We need him where he is right now plus he is excelling. Pretty much an indicator he is where he needs to be.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
IMO OL all the way. Look at his body then Cerge-H and Glanton's bodies. Those guys are war daddies. Lee is not. His HS DL film not great either. He's agile but more going N/S than E/W.

We need him where he is right now plus he is excelling. Pretty much an indicator he is where he needs to be.

I thought he was a big reach at DL and would be a major project there.
Coach must have seen something that he thought he could use.

At this time I feel we need to use him and Parker in select situations. Both are quite quick and agile, however against the Larger players (clemson, fsu, etc) , I think Eason Bryan are more suitable.

We need all the ol guys getting downs in every game to build depth. Glad these two, especially jazz, have stepped up.