Jahaziel Lee

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Dude is going to be a stud LT, and he's only a true freshman. He is so much faster off the ball than the other OL and at least he gets in the way and makes contact, Very rarely totally whiffs, can't say the same about the other OL at this. For his first start he only had 2 missed assignments. With him and Parker, we have a great nucleus at OL for the next 3 years.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think I heard PJ say this week Lee is the starter now until someone beats him out. I thought he was a desperation fill in. That's pretty strong, if correct.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think the 4th vid might be an illegal block below the waist if interpret the the rule correctly
I think Lee's allowed to go low if the blocked defender is moving towards the original position of the ball, which he is. Not sure what the rule says about how far downfield you're allowed to go low.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Dude is already good and might be better than most. With more reps he's gonna be a nightmare for defenders. It will be interesting to see his improvement from this game to the next. He has a lot of teachable moments to learn from. You really don't get those in practice, it takes live game reps. Keep sendin' him in coach!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the vids.

That man knows how to motor grade and cut. Keep recruiting them like that, keep them away from Sewak (that's all natural talent there) and we'll be fine.
I wonder how Sewak forgot how to coach after all those Ga Southern championship teams? (tic)

(tic off) I know it's a lower league, but the techniques are the same.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I wonder how Sewak forgot how to coach after all those Ga Southern championship teams? (tic)

(tic off) I know it's a lower league, but the techniques are the same.
I think I forgot to add a "half" serious emoji, if there is such a thing. But perhaps he found the talent to block at the lower levels and just turned them loose.
I guess your residence fared well last weekend?

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Weren't there people complaining the only reason we were going after this guy was to help get Dono campbell? I may be misremembering. But if I'm not, maybe, just maybe, our coaches know what they are doing. Looking forward to watching this guy develop!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think I forgot to add a "half" serious emoji, if there is such a thing. But perhaps he found the talent to block at the lower levels and just turned them loose.
I guess your residence fared well last weekend?
yes, we got lucky. I live a block away from the the St. Johns River. It still floods twice a day at high tide. Water bubbles up from the storm sewer tops like a busted water main, it's really weird.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Out of curiosity, I checked his recruiting thread, and found this from myself:

"I actually really like him at OL. I like the athleticism and ability to locate and hit in space. That said, you're exactly right "who knows" :) This is one of those conversations we can revisit in 3 years. (Boardhosts, any chance we can get a "remind me about this thread when this guy is a junior" feature? ;))"

Mods, I guess we can skip the "junior remind" feature, haha.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Out of curiosity, I checked his recruiting thread, and found this from myself:

"I actually really like him at OL. I like the athleticism and ability to locate and hit in space. That said, you're exactly right "who knows" :) This is one of those conversations we can revisit in 3 years. (Boardhosts, any chance we can get a "remind me about this thread when this guy is a junior" feature? ;))"

Mods, I guess we can skip the "junior remind" feature, haha.
But we really need a guy with his kind of explosiveness off the snap on the DL. It seems that if a guy is an "or" guy and he's really good, PJ gets him on O. (Shaq)