Jackets over FAMU

GT_EE78

Banned
Minute distribution is a problem. Let the future play.
think i have to agree...... An iron5 would look good at this point like the 85 team. Maybe Moore could get 25-30 min per game in the role of Petway. Petway relieved Dalrymple at 2 who could relieve Price at 1. Petway for Ferrell at 3 which was the natural position for both. Petway 6'6 relieved Salley at 4 who could relieve Joseph at at 5. Jose,Devoe,Alston,Moses,Banks would be the iron5 like the 85 parallel (yea i'll agree that Moore is the future more-so than moses but that 3 inches makes a difference) . No doubt you already see which one of these 6 parallels is less good than the other 5.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I see guys that play hard on defensive ends. I also see the coaching staff rewarding potential against who is performing against who deserves to play.

I know, for a fact, rotation minutes are an issue with this years team.

I ain’t saying I’m just saying..

GT_EE78

Banned
Guys earn minutes in practice and in games. These buy games are for experimenting with lineups as much as giving guys playing time.
understand what you're saying but there's also a factor for building chemistry for your anticipated core group. building that chemistry for acc play is the one that needs to be the dominant factor.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If we had committed to finding a rotation with the 5-7 we came in with, we'd AD would be getting more minutes than Banks.

Pastner plays around with rotation minutes in the pre-conference schedule every year, and usually settles in with ~7 for most of league play.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
understand what you're saying but there's also a factor for building chemistry for your anticipated core group. building that chemistry for acc play is the one that needs to be the dominant factor.
Chemistry comes from playing together in practice. It does not come from playing together in games. Maybe, much later, it is cemented by the games, but it has to develop in practice. I think you guys who did not play at this level underestimate what happens at practice and why that is so important.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I liked the speed they played at. I see a lot of progress, and I think coach is zeroing in on his top 7 or 8 for acc play. Arkansas and UGA will tell us a lot.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GT_EE78

Banned
Chemistry comes from playing together in practice. It does not come from playing together in games. Maybe, much later, it is cemented by the games, but it has to develop in practice. I think you guys who did not play at this level underestimate what happens at practice and why that is so important.
Like Alan Iverson said " we talkin bout practice" the chemistry comes from playing together in tough games, not practice.we'll just have to disagree on that. so which college or nba team did u star for?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Like Alan Iverson said " we talkin bout practice" the chemistry comes from playing together in tough games, not practice.we'll just have to disagree on that. so which college or nba team did u star for?
I do not disagree with Iverson for guys at his level. Practice in the NBA is not the same same practice at the collegiate level. Well, maybe Duke is more like the NBA.

It depends on what you mean by chemistry. Iverson probably means something different than I would say it means in college. Learning how to play together is one thing, but learning who you can trust when the game is on the line is something else. In the NBA, every game is one the line. I think our guys are just now learning how to play with one another. You do that in practice.

As an aside, Duke got schooled by Gonzaga a couple weeks ago. But Tennessee stood up to the Zags. I am certain the time the Vols players had together was the difference. Certainly it was not just talent.

GT_EE78

Banned
I do not disagree with Iverson for guys at his level. Practice in the NBA is not the same same practice at the collegiate level. Well, maybe Duke is more like the NBA.

It depends on what you mean by chemistry. Iverson probably means something different than I would say it means in college. Learning how to play together is one thing, but learning who you can trust when the game is on the line is something else. In the NBA, every game is one the line. I think our guys are just now learning how to play with one another. You do that in practice.

As an aside, Duke got schooled by Gonzaga a couple weeks ago. But Tennessee stood up to the Zags. I am certain the time the Vols players had together was the difference. Certainly it was not just talent.
since you avoided the question i guess i;ll continue to ignore your " didn't plat at this level" put down.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

I can agree chemistry comes from playing in tough games. Beating FAMU by 30 to me doesn't qualify as that. This is a game when you give folks minutes as a reward for practicing hard or for simply trying to see if they can contribute this year. See if they can run the 3 out with Moses. See what Moore can do. Plus they need to see if Cole can come back anytime soon.

I expect against GW we will see some similar distribution of minutes. Against UGA and ARK I expect minutes will be a bit harder to come by.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
That comment from AI had literally nothing to do with practice. His best friend growing up was murdered and it obviously effected him and missed out on practices and had a rough game. Reporters gave him crap about that while completely ignoring the circumstance he was in, which is what gave birth to that whole "practice" tirade.

Practice and out of practice activities have way more of an effect on chemistry than anything else. Games throw different looks through defense than what most teams are used to, which creates issues and will test chemistry, not build it.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
since you avoided the question i guess i;ll continue to ignore your " didn't plat at this level" put down.
I played at D3 for two season before transferring to UAB, where we did not have a basketball team until after I graduated. So, you are correct. I never played at the D1 level. Where did you play? What about Iverson's quote can you personally confirm.

GT11

GT Athlete
It does come from practice. That’s where you learn your teammates

GT_EE78

Banned
I played at D3 for two season before transferring to UAB, where we did not have a basketball team until after I graduated. So, you are correct. I never played at the D1 level. Where did you play? What about Iverson's quote can you personally confirm.
no, i'm just an overly opinionated sports/GT fan. Little league was enough for me to learn i didn't have the skills for that even tho i enjoyed it.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I see guys that play hard on defensive ends. I also see the coaching staff rewarding potential against who is performing against who deserves to play.

I know, for a fact, rotation minutes are an issue with this years team.

I ain’t saying I’m just saying..
GT is a top 10 defensive team in the country. Don't think that area is of concern for us. If anything we should be looking at making some adjustments to our offense... That's what's keeping us from being great.