Jackets over FAMU

GT_EE78

Banned
Why is Alvarado struggling? His analytics weren't so hot. He seems to play to the competition, so hopefully he steps it up when ACC play begins.
nah , i wouldn't call it struggling, not a close game so it was a good time to let Devo practice pg, Jose won't be forcing up so many bad shots when there's a scorer to pass to (Devo and Moore are coming around). Jose is gonna be fine in acc and its a good thing that he steps up at crunch time.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Moore looked really good 14 pts and 2/2 on threes.
Devoe was good .8pt 3 asst 4 steals
i think i'd be considering giving them a start or two to see if there gonna be ready for acc minutes.
Moore sank two very smooth 3's, a smooth 15 footer, followed by a layup earned after making a quick cut to the hoop and catching a pass...10 first half points and finished 6 for 6 with two 2nd half rebound layups. I think he got cheated an assist too, but his line on the box score always seems to show numbers in assists, blocks, and steals.
He was excellent on defense too.
Devoe's quick hands poked the ball free many times.
I have noticed we are reluctant to throw the long pass to somebody breaking free down the court. Is that per coach instructions or lack of confidence so far?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Decent with 11 guys with points, iirc.

Most GT thing?

Two guys bricked uncontested dunks.
The Moses brick was bad. That guy is way too big for that to happen. He’s going to catch a lot of flack for that from his teammates

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Moore sank two very smooth 3's, a smooth 15 footer, followed by a layup earned after making a quick cut to the hoop and catching a pass...10 first half points and finished 6 for 6 with two 2nd half rebound layups. I think he got cheated an assist too, but his line on the box score always seems to show numbers in assists, blocks, and steals.
He was excellent on defense too.
Devoe's quick hands poked the ball free many times.
I have noticed we are reluctant to throw the long pass to somebody breaking free down the court. Is that per coach instructions or lack of confidence so far?

I think we threw 2 today, and both became turnovers.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I like what we are seeing as it relates to progress. But, the Arkansas and uga games will be a key test for these guys. Arkansas is like us. They have not beaten anyone they would call a good team. uga is a team we should beat, but it will not be a rollover.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
If we can win out with this OOC schedule, 9 ACC wins gets us to the Dance.

Moore and Austin obviously looked good. Thought Devoe played one of his better games, though when he tried to attack the hoop, he got stonewalled (against MEAC opponents). Sjolund still looks to me like he isn’t ready for ACC minutes. Onward and upward. Gonna be a big week next week.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Though they didn't start the game with it, when Moses came in after his first rotation they went to a double post/3 out system looking for high low with Moses and the 5. Kept Moses about 15 feet or so from the basket and away from the 3 point shots that barely draw backboard.

Makes me think I may have some impact on things. :smug: :p

GT_EE78

Banned
I would actually like to see Moore at the 3 than the 4.
I'd like to see more of that too. For Moore 3 is his natural position and where he'll play best imo. however our top four scorers thus far are guards which means two of them will be sitting while he's at 3. Other than Banks,the bigs haven't been consistent so maybe its just easier to get minutes at the 4 even if rebounding suffers.. I'd be very nervous about being that small at PF in acc play. It will be interesting to see how CJP handles the rotation going forward.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see the game but saw the stats.How do you have 18 TOs and shoot 54% on FGs? .Odd.High risk/high reward.? btw--the FTs % was a real positive.We need it to stay high.
If Moore plays decent defense ,he needs more minutes. Nice Off game. Phillips is the biggest disappointment this yr.Wow-6 TOs and no assts and weak shooting for yr.I hope he plays super DEF.

The team is interesting but I try to imagine them without Banks and it would be a HUGE uphill battle.Now it is just a struggle.