1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Article Jackets head to Miami to take on St. John's

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by dtm1997, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Texwood

Texwood Ramblin' Wreck

Especially after signing a lower ceiling project than Sjolund in Divenko. SMH. Pastner hasn't a clue.

Buzzbomb likes this.
  2. LargeFO

LargeFO Helluva Engineer

lol...hold up dude, hold up. You know who recruited Ogbonda & Gueye, right??

3. MiracleWhips

MiracleWhips Ramblin' Wreck

Lmao

4. mstranahan

mstranahan Helluva Engineer

I’m not a Gregory fan, but give me his recruits over CJP’s kids so far. It’s not even close. Unless CJP really improves his recruiting results in 2020 cycle, it will be hard to avoid the annual Les Robinson Memorial in March

dullivan and Buzzbomb like this.
  5. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

Which two classes of CJP's would you take over the two we've had from Pastner knowing what we know with how things turned out?

6. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

Let's look at gregory's best classes.

Poole - team cancer and kicked off
    Carter - good player.
    Hunt - great player
    Bolden - okay I guess. Got kicked off the team. Never averaged over 7.3 a game his 3 years.

Lammers - Great player (after Pastner got a hold of him)
    Jackson - Good player
    AD - Solid player.

Here's the thing, when you look back at those guys you're remembering their junior and senior years for the most part. Where as the players Pastner has brought in have only their freshmen and sophomore years to judge.

7. THWG16

THWG16 Helluva Engineer

But recruited amazingly

8. THWG16

THWG16 Helluva Engineer

There’s no way that Ga State should ever be the top program in state , but they are

Buzzbomb likes this.
  9. Buzzbomb

Buzzbomb Helluva Engineer

I’m not trying to defend Gregory, however Okogie was his recruit. Can you imagine CJP in his first two years without him?

I’m extremely disappointed in the way recruiting has been going. Reveno is the only assistant currently, that appears to be helping.

THWG16 likes this.
  10. MiracleWhips

MiracleWhips Ramblin' Wreck

I watched the entire game again and I have never watched a game with so much repugnance in my life. The coaching meltdown was apparent during the last stretch. Pastner and company have to do better.

THWG16 likes this.
  11. WrongShadeOfGold

WrongShadeOfGold Ramblin' Wreck

They just lost by 26 to Liberty and sit with a 5-3 record. Stop regurgitating this garbage before you actually start to believe it.

lauraee, MiracleWhips and GTJason like this.
  12. MtnWasp

MtnWasp Jolly Good Fellow

Wow. Came on this board to discuss a good basketball game and I scroll through this thread and all I see is a bunch of Dudes indulging in a bitter pity party like a clutch of high school girls after a party where none of them got asked to dance.

We're talking about Brian Gregory, seriously? BRIAN GREGORY?

I guess I'll go talk basketball with myself....

"So Wasp, what did you think of that game by Ponds?"

13. THWG16

THWG16 Helluva Engineer

You think we’d beat ga state ? I’m not sure we can beat uga , if we do it won’t be as bad as ga st did , do your homework pal

14. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Well, I’m glad to have you chiming in, but if you’re happy talking to yourself you’ll never lack for conversation or a good listener.

I’d have preferred Ponds have that game against someone else, but he is an amazing shooter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. THWG16

THWG16 Helluva Engineer

If y’all are happy or ok with how the b-ball season isn’t going then you’re not a true fan

MiracleWhips likes this.
  16. whitegoldsphinx

whitegoldsphinx Helluva Engineer

WTF? Cut out the BS nonsense.

THWG likes this.
  17. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

Nonsense.

Look at the team objectively. Our best 5 lineup in terms of talent is probably Jose, Devoe, Haywood, Wright, Banks. Maybe sub in Moore for either Haywood or Wright. Either way it's 4 underclassmen and a guy who wasn't here last year. On top of that, those 5 includes at least one player coming off a big injury. Being okay with this season isn't not being a true fan. It's understanding the dynamic of the team coming into the season and not just looking at the season without considering the roster or situation. So no, losing all three of our games against good teams away from home but showing aspects to build upon and being okay with it isn't failing to be a true fan.

GSU has lost to Montana, Creighton by 25, and Liberty by 26.

lauraee likes this.
  18. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Being happy or ok is different than being rational or grounded in reality. The latter affords you the ability to keep a cool head about the current state of the program.

Count me in the latter. There are things I'm not happy about, there are things I think are on schedule for the program.

Happy or not though, getting fired up with the complaints or accusations of people's fanhood is a worthless effort. You think someone is pouring out Kool Aid, then give them a cogent rationale why they're wrong. If you can't do that, then you'll just find yourself on everyone's ignore list before too long.

lauraee, mstranahan and msargent1 like this.
  19. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

I think Alston is our best outside shooter right now and has to start. Otherwise our best 5 is mostly “new”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

The context is accurate and valid.