Jackets have 10th toughest schedule (Toughest in the ACC)

GTFLETCH

Banned
ESPN recently released their strength of schedule for their FPI (Football Power Index) and the Jackets have the 10th toughest schedule heading into the new season.

ACC Rankings
Georgia Tech: 10
FSU: 13
NC State: 17
Clemson: 20
Wake Forest: 21
Duke: 23
Pitt: 26
Boston College: 33
Syracuse: 34
UNC: 37
Miami: 42
UVA: 54
VT: 56
Louisville: 57

Link
https://yellowjackedup.com/2017/08/06/ge...-schedule/
134126044_crop_north.jpg

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So GT starts off against UT. UGA starts against app st. GT plays against 5 top 25 teams. UGA plays against 3 top 25 teams. GT plays 3 games in 13 days, and if I'm not mistaken two teams have byes before us. UGA has atleast 6 days between every game, and we only have 5 days between our 1st and 2nd game..... ok.... yea, UGA has a tougher schedule.

Edit: We play Clemson for our crossover. UGA plays Auburn. We play in the ACC (the best as of last year) UGA plays in the SEC.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
So GT starts off against UT. UGA starts against app st. GT plays against 5 top 25 teams. UGA plays against 3 top 25 teams. GT plays 3 games in 13 days, and if I'm not mistaken two teams have byes before us. UGA has atleast 6 days between every game, and we only have 5 days between our 1st and 2nd game..... ok.... yea, UGA has a tougher schedule.

Edit: We play Clemson for our crossover. UGA plays Auburn. We play in the ACC (the best as of last year) UGA plays in the SEC.
Miami, Wake and Clemson have byes before playing us.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I doubt there is any relationship to actual SOS. Top 10 Consist of 5 from Pac 10, 4 SEC 1 ACC. No other conference team shows up until after 21. Since most games are played against teams in your conference it seems that it is implied that Pac 10 strongest. Like most preseason guesses this doesn't mean a thing. What counts is when toe meets leather and how well a team escapes injuries.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

uga plays in the Special Education Conference so if they lose a game it helps them come up with an excuse. ( You really didn't think they could come up with an excuse without help)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Mutt fans brag about how tough an SEC schedule is yet they don't play Bama or LSU. Their toughest conference games are UF and Auburn. (We both play UT so that's a wash.) How much tougher is that than Clemson and Miami or VT? They get the cache of playing ND, but they are rebuilding bigly, My ND grad brother is expecting a rough year.

A die-hard mutt asked me how I thought Tech would do playing in the SEC week in and week out. I said about the same and I could he thought I was full of it. Maybe a few years ago I would have been... NOT ANYMORE.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kinda hard to tell who's really good and who's living off recruiting and legacy expectations right now. Bunch of paper tigers on everyone's schedules, and some good teams will come out of nowhere. Happens every year. We'll know more 4-6 games into the season.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We play Clemson, Pitt, Miami, VT, UNC, UT and UGA. That's 5 top 25 teams and 2 others in the top 33.

3 teams have byes against us.

Our bye week is against Miami who has a bye against us that same week.

We play 3 games in a 13 days

We only have 5 days between game 1 and 2

We start off with UT

We play Clemson and Miami away.

Am I missing anything?

I think it would be hard to find anyone with a harder schedule than GT. So I'm voting GT for the hardest schedule in college football.

Edit: UNC is not top 33 NC state is.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
The reason PAC 12 teams have the hardest schedules is they usually are a good league (bottom is debatably better than the ACC bottom) and always play 9 conference games. Hell USC is playing 11 p5 plus the best g5. In surprised the BIG isn't higher considering their scheduling requirements regarding FCS teams. Acc and big 12 play the most iirc

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Good Lord, the BigTen toughest schedule is MichSt at 38th.
Maryland is ahead of them but yea it's not an impressive list. I just showed this to a Michigan friend and big 10 homer and he came up with every excuse you could think of. That league is Ohio St with Penn St a distant 2nd and the rest are a bunch of above average to average teams. I think Michigan is going to have a long day against Florida too.