Jabari

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
It keeps being mentioned about Gamble playing NT, and I understand that is for depth purposes, but I've also thought maybe JHD might also play some downs in another spot besides NT, maybe some DE in certain D&D situations, against certain OLs etc, don't know anything just speculation on my part. With all the pieces CMP and CTR have this year, we could see a lot of movement and match ups played against opposing offenses this year, the coaches have to be really excited about the possibilities they have in the chess game this year. As has been mentioned above somewhere, it looks awfully hard for any of our DLs to be double teamed this year, hope we have some good blitzing capabilities at LB to mix in with all of this.
Are any of our LBs good blitzers?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
It keeps being mentioned about Gamble playing NT, and I understand that is for depth purposes, but I've also thought maybe JHD might also play some downs in another spot besides NT, maybe some DE in certain D&D situations, against certain OLs etc, don't know anything just speculation on my part. With all the pieces CMP and CTR have this year, we could see a lot of movement and match ups played against opposing offenses this year, the coaches have to be really excited about the possibilities they have in the chess game this year. As has been mentioned above somewhere, it looks awfully hard for any of our DLs to be double teamed this year, hope we have some good blitzing capabilities at LB to mix in with all of this.
Are any of our LBs good blitzers?

Thats the best thing Marcordes does is blitz

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Last year Gotsis drew a double team often because of his speed and quickness. If Jabari can demand a double team too, then, we'll be very successful putting pressure on the QB in obvious passing downs. It will also free the LB's up to fly to the ball. I hope that in 2015 that 4 of the top 6 tacklers are not DB's.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not to change the thread topic, but I am very excited at the versatility of our DL personnel. Others have suggested big lines of AG, JHD, PG, and FK. I can also see 3rd and long DLs with KF, JHD, AG, and KW. With the exception of KF and KW, most of our guys can play inside or out on the DL. Lots of options for Coach Roof, especially if he really turns them loose to get after the QB.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
jhd and adam g will belike days and laskey = making each other better except BOTH on field at same time.

Rip um up, Tear um up, Give um hell
Tech!

Defensive Pressure Starts in 4 days.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
A bit off topic but I'd like to see Freeman move around some as well. Stand him up sometimes move him to SDE on some plays. Adding a pass rusher opposite to him on 3rd down. Getting Freeman and Simmons on the field together.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I truly hope that he is unblockable and has about 10 sacks but even if he isn't a superstar I believe he will do well at the combine/pro day with his speed and strength and be drafted within the first 4 rounds. I'm being optimistic but I believe he will be as good or better as Gotsis was last year.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I truly hope that he is unblockable and has about 10 sacks but even if he isn't a superstar I believe he will do well at the combine/pro day with his speed and strength and be drafted within the first 4 rounds. I'm being optimistic but I believe he will be as good or better as Gotsis was last year.
Well, 10 sacks is a big ask for a guy at the NT position. Have we ever had one get that many? The most likely scenario is that he gets good push and is agile enough to draw some attention. That creates issues elsewhere. I just want the pocket to get pushed into the offensive backfield more than it has in recent years. If the QB can't step up, the guys on the edge get exponentially better. Now, if he gets moved out to the edge on passing downs some, like has been suggested by a few on this board, you might see 10 sacks.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If he plays at NT/ DT...and gets 10 sacks....he will be a top 10 pick...probably top 5. I'll buy what boomer is selling tho. That would make a nice upgrade to our D

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I see him more as a disruptor than a sack artist. We should get more tackles for loss and sacks because we will be in the backfield much more frequently. That should lead to more "three and outs" and more smiles from this fan.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Well, 10 sacks is a big ask for a guy at the NT position. Have we ever had one get that many? The most likely scenario is that he gets good push and is agile enough to draw some attention. That creates issues elsewhere. I just want the pocket to get pushed into the offensive backfield more than it has in recent years. If the QB can't step up, the guys on the edge get exponentially better. Now, if he gets moved out to the edge on passing downs some, like has been suggested by a few on this board, you might see 10 sacks.
I was mostly just throwing a very high expectational number out there when I said 10 sacks. I'm with you in hoping that the pocket is severely disrupted with him and Gotsis in the middle and causes a lot of back foot throws and let's Freeman and company get to the QB.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Proving he is really good, he will get holding call so often when single teamed, the double team will be mandatory by game 3.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It's hard to figure that one out until he plays. We've seen very little of him overall -- one season -- and never with a hand on the ground, but as a LB. Of concern is how well he is going to carry another 50 pounds since that season. Until we see that, then all is speculation. I "speculate" he will have to be doubleteamed. We will see.