It seems that we may have money

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Well with that attitude just brace yourself for a 2-10 season. My word. It’s December good sir. Act a little more cheerful

Act cheerful at 8 PM tonight when you’re watching Clemson play freaking Pitt in Charlotte. It will take a lot of beer to get through today with a smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Act cheerful at 8 PM tonight when you’re watching Clemson play freaking Pitt in Charlotte. It will take a lot of beer to get through today with a smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ehhh don’t fret. I wish we could have that game back too. But unfortunately coming one game short of being in the ACCCG is something I’ve become accustomed to for the past few years.

Have a beer for the sake of change coming !

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I think part of it is we are out (or nearly out...not sure exactly) from under the burden of paying 2 basketball coaches for the privilege not to coach for us. That Hewitt contract was an anchor on the entire athletic department.
Thanks to Dave Brainless!

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
As a sidewalk fan who didn't play football past middle school, even I know it doesn't matter who the coach is. You can't go from the option to a pro-style offense. You will absolutely tank while you spend multiple seasons trying to recruit an entirely different team.
Wow! Iguess that's the sign that all Tech fans might as well jump in front of a marta bus. There is no future!

Deleted member 2897

In the last 25 years, we've had 4 different coaches, like 6+ different defensive coordinators, several different offensive and defensive schemes, and we've only had ONE SINGLE SEASON where we were below 0.500 in ACC play. No other team in the ACC can say that.

We'll excel with our next coach too. There are multiple that would be a good fit. We'll hire a good one.

Matt E

GT Athlete
I think its pretty much consensus that 2019 was going to be our best offensive line (on paper) since 2014. At the very least, we should have an O-line that should be able to run the ball. However, even our pass protection was not all that bad this year--at least compared to years past. You take a look around the country and you see teams like FSU and Auburn absolutely handcuffed by their OL, can't run block or pass protect. I don't expect that to be us next season.

Add improving our technique on pass sets vs what we have been coaching our OL to do on pass blocking and it could be ok. My main concern is we have 95% of our OL that are guard/center bodies vs traditional tackle bodies. I’ll have to look hard at the roster, but you need 6’5 + style tackles with long arms to block todays atheltic DEs in a more traditional system. We don’t have those guys on the roster.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Add improving our technique on pass sets vs what we have been coaching our OL to do on pass blocking and it could be ok. My main concern is we have 95% of our OL that are guard/center bodies vs traditional tackle bodies. I’ll have to look hard at the roster, but you need 6’5 + style tackles with long arms to block todays atheltic DEs in a more traditional system. We don’t have those guys on the roster.

We do. And one is really talented in quinney. We have a handful 6-5 to 6-6. Some are young though

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Really? I’ve seen some crappy GT football and this year/decade isn’t even in the same universe. We all want better, but it’s not like we’re in the gutter.

Re read dude. That statement was in a basketball thread within this thread. Sorry u didnt follow it

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
But the huge donors are just as dumb as a sack of rocks about football.... if they are pushing whisenhunt then we will be doomed no matter what. If they don't hire whisenhunt they'd say no, we want chan gailey back. I really do feel they have completely lost touch with the game. It would be like my grandfather trying to make calls in today's game. It's just faster and too complex for them. Just give us your money and let todd do what he wants. Lolol.

They are dumb because they don’t won’t hire the hot new guy. I don’t know your experience with Tech but we have been there before with Lewis. It was a dark moment in Tech football history. Also ruined his career. I can remember the hire, great recruiter and presented himself very well. People were excited. He couldn’t handle the restrictions at Tech at that time and did not build a great staff. It imploded.

Our successes have come with experienced guys. They weren’t sexy hires but the won here and people were excited about the program. That includes CPJ, Ross and GOL. Though Ross and GOL left you had the feeling they bled gold while they were here.
Just so you know both of them complained about the restrictions on recruiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk