1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

It seems that we may have money

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by boger2337, Dec 1, 2018.

1. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

Well now we know you are honest :)

2. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

Act cheerful at 8 PM tonight when you’re watching Clemson play freaking Pitt in Charlotte. It will take a lot of beer to get through today with a smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. wesgt123

wesgt123 Helluva Engineer

Ehhh don’t fret. I wish we could have that game back too. But unfortunately coming one game short of being in the ACCCG is something I’ve become accustomed to for the past few years.

Have a beer for the sake of change coming !

Jacket in Dairyland and GT_05 like this.
  4. first&ten

first&ten Helluva Engineer

Thanks to Dave Brainless!

5. first&ten

Wow! Iguess that's the sign that all Tech fans might as well jump in front of a marta bus. There is no future!

6. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

In the last 25 years, we've had 4 different coaches, like 6+ different defensive coordinators, several different offensive and defensive schemes, and we've only had ONE SINGLE SEASON where we were below 0.500 in ACC play. No other team in the ACC can say that.

We'll excel with our next coach too. There are multiple that would be a good fit. We'll hire a good one.

7. first&ten

Just my opinion, I don't think so. We have a very good coach, give him at least 5 years. If it's not happening then , that might be a clue we're not on the right track.

8. 33jacket

33jacket Helluva Engineer

We have a crap program. He needs time to rebuild. That i know. Hopefully a key asst and some momentum.

BleedGoldNWhite21 likes this.
  9. Matt E

Matt E GT Athlete

Add improving our technique on pass sets vs what we have been coaching our OL to do on pass blocking and it could be ok. My main concern is we have 95% of our OL that are guard/center bodies vs traditional tackle bodies. I’ll have to look hard at the roster, but you need 6’5 + style tackles with long arms to block todays atheltic DEs in a more traditional system. We don’t have those guys on the roster.

jchens_GT and Heisman1215 like this.
  10. 33jacket

We do. And one is really talented in quinney. We have a handful 6-5 to 6-6. Some are young though

11. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

More than half the FBS schools in the control would love to have our Crap" program and seasonn record. It just doesn't fit your narrative.

12. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Really? I’ve seen some crappy GT football and this year/decade isn’t even in the same universe. We all want better, but it’s not like we’re in the gutter.

13. 33jacket

When did i say that? That statement was referring to basketball. Re read. Never said football program was crap and have no narrative. I supported cpj for 11 years even with all his faults

Oakland and TheSilasSonRising like this.
  14. 33jacket

Re read dude. That statement was in a basketball thread within this thread. Sorry u didnt follow it

15. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

He's talking about basketball.

Anyways while the fb program isn't crap but it has stagnated. We need something to give it a spark.

BleedGoldNWhite21 and 33jacket like this.
  16. 33jacket

Hey. Someone who can read. Bonus. I will follow u now. Lol

BleedGoldNWhite21 and Eli like this.
  17. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Sorry just watched us crap the bed in basketball and the whiskey shots to dull the pain obviously didn’t help my reading comprehension

MikeJackets1967 and 33jacket like this.
  18. upwgdrb

upwgdrb Ramblin' Wreck

They are dumb because they don’t won’t hire the hot new guy. I don’t know your experience with Tech but we have been there before with Lewis. It was a dark moment in Tech football history. Also ruined his career. I can remember the hire, great recruiter and presented himself very well. People were excited. He couldn’t handle the restrictions at Tech at that time and did not build a great staff. It imploded.

Our successes have come with experienced guys. They weren’t sexy hires but the won here and people were excited about the program. That includes CPJ, Ross and GOL. Though Ross and GOL left you had the feeling they bled gold while they were here.
    Just so you know both of them complained about the restrictions on recruiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

augustabuzz and GT_05 like this.
  19. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

I can't wait for spring football practice to start. It will be interesting to see what the next head coach will do.

Towaliga likes this.
  20. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

I see the Gold team winning big over the White team. :)

GT_05 and MikeJackets1967 like this.